Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI new here, need advice on somethings or opinions please

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok I make jewelry out of hemp and glass beads, it's macrame an old fashion craft I know.  The designs are simple and I like them, but not sure if I'm fooling myself into thinking people these days would be interested in them.  Though retro is in style right and these are deff retro with a modern twist.  I also make these cool elaborate feather earrings they are really different than the ones you see in the stores today.

So my questions are how do you market something like these?  Also do you think craft shows are a waist of time with the economy so bad? I figure women always will pay for jewelry so I thought it was a great craft to try do you agree? 

I'm also a painter but found that paintings are hard to sell.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Hi and welcome to the group! I also make hemp jewelry :) I have my own little jewelry business, but have never done a craft fair. I want to do one :)

Post some pics of your work :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Check out storenvy.com. it is a free e commerce site. If you are active and engaging online with great quality photos and products you will most certainly find consumers for your products! :) if you get a craft show that is well advertised and annual then it could very well be worth your time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mango44
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I can't post any pics right now my camera needs a new battery.  As soon as I can I will though.  so you make hemp jewelry too cool bow down

Quoting melliburger:

Hi and welcome to the group! I also make hemp jewelry :) I have my own little jewelry business, but have never done a craft fair. I want to do one :)

melliburger
by Melli on May. 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM

hope you camera gets a new battery soon :)

Yes I do! I like hemp :) I learned almost 10 years ago!

Quoting mango44:

I can't post any pics right now my camera needs a new battery.  As soon as I can I will though.  so you make hemp jewelry too cool bow down

Quoting melliburger:

mango44
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM

wow that's along time!  Where do you get your hemp from, it's hard to find the colors I want at a craft store

melliburger
by Melli on May. 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hobby Lobby actually has decent color choice sometimes! I would check FMG they have tons of hemp things. I don't have much colorful hemp, I stick to the natural look! How long have you been making hemp items? :)

Quoting mango44:

wow that's along time!  Where do you get your hemp from, it's hard to find the colors I want at a craft store

mango44
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Well I started just making keychains first 5 years ago.  I started experimenting with bracelets and necklaces last year and then tried the feathered earings this year.  Do you buy stuff online? Do you have pics of what you make I'd love to see them.  I think it's a really cool look I make stuff american indian style and then I do modern stuff too and classic look stuff also so I have a mixture for every taste

melliburger
by Melli on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I have tons of pics lol If you search facebook for "melli's trinkets" you'll find my business page and I have a lot of things up there :)

Quoting mango44:

Well I started just making keychains first 5 years ago.  I started experimenting with bracelets and necklaces last year and then tried the feathered earings this year.  Do you buy stuff online? Do you have pics of what you make I'd love to see them.  I think it's a really cool look I make stuff american indian style and then I do modern stuff too and classic look stuff also so I have a mixture for every taste

mango44
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I'll check it out ty'!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)