Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

birthday parties?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
Since you are all so crafty this is the best group to ask! Have any of you had a themed birthday party for you kids with alot of diy things? I have picked a theme for dd birthday party which isn't until January but I was just wondering if any of you had pictures I could use for inspiration. Our know any websites with party ideas. Thanks lovely ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Pinterest! def hit up pinterest!

Chelsea_rh
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I will definitely do that!

Quoting melliburger:

Pinterest! def hit up pinterest!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anniea90
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I did minnie mouse last yr. but i also make her bday banner. This is the banner I did for sesame street. I had banner paper I painted on, and the pictures are just printable sesame street coloring pages. We did cookies, cheese puffs, other snack stuff. The cupcakes were simple white frosting with oversized star sprinkles.

I did everything for Minnie Mouse. I wanted everything pink and black and the party store only had minnie with a bunch of colors. The invites I printed off and then went over the image of her head with glitter paint. The bday banner is a bunch of minnie mouse heads strung together. The decorations are big minnie heads with braided and twisted streamer and balloons. It looks like a lot but if you notice. I used black card stock for all of it, so I only had to buy one big pack of it. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We keep birthdays simple - PJ parties, costume parties, etc. More focus on people than the party decor.

Chelsea_rh
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Minnie mouse looks great! I told df it will look like a bunch of stuff but I use mostly white and light purple card stock as well so its not going to be expensive...especially if I stay shopping for it now.

Quoting Anniea90:

I did minnie mouse last yr. but i also make her bday banner. This is the banner I did for sesame street. I had banner paper I painted on, and the pictures are just printable sesame street coloring pages. We did cookies, cheese puffs, other snack stuff. The cupcakes were simple white frosting with oversized star sprinkles.

I did everything for Minnie Mouse. I wanted everything pink and black and the party store only had minnie with a bunch of colors. The invites I printed off and then went over the image of her head with glitter paint. The bday banner is a bunch of minnie mouse heads strung together. The decorations are big minnie heads with braided and twisted streamer and balloons. It looks like a lot but if you notice. I used black card stock for all of it, so I only had to buy one big pack of it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I get all my ideas from pinterest :)

I have tons of stuff pinned too, if you want to look at my boards - they're the ones that start with "celebrations"

Stacia Reichelt, stacia.reichelt@gmail.com

RutterMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM

My kids are still pretty young. We havne't had much of that yet.

atmomma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids birthdays are a month apart so I generally do one big party for them. Last year we had a carnival. I made the games for the kid to play in order to win prizes. For the bag toss I had my dad cut holes in a big sheet of plywood and then painted it with a huge star on it.

For another game I hot glued plastic cups to another sheet of painted plywood. To play they just tossed ping pong balls into the cups. 

I had a photo booth of sorts made from pvc pipes and bed sheets. For the props I just bought crazy sunglasses, printed off mustaches and lips and glued them to a stick, and put chalkboard stickers on a foam board glues to sticks so they could write their own messages.

(best full size shot I could find)

As it happened, adults used it more than children. Thats me in the blue with all four of my SILs.

For the cake I made a bag of popcorn. I even made my own marshmallow fondant for it.

I'm not sure if this is really what you were looking for or not. I did a ton of Google searching for this one and wound up making just about everything for it myself. 

In two weeks I'm doing an '80s roller skate party for my daughter and pinterest has been awsome for inspiration. Good luck!!

Chelsea_rh
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

thats awesome! love the photobooth. was the fondant good? i think i would rather make my own than buy some...cuz i know some store bought isnt very tasty...

Quoting atmomma:

My kids birthdays are a month apart so I generally do one big party for them. Last year we had a carnival. I made the games for the kid to play in order to win prizes. For the bag toss I had my dad cut holes in a big sheet of plywood and then painted it with a huge star on it.

For another game I hot glued plastic cups to another sheet of painted plywood. To play they just tossed ping pong balls into the cups. 

I had a photo booth of sorts made from pvc pipes and bed sheets. For the props I just bought crazy sunglasses, printed off mustaches and lips and glued them to a stick, and put chalkboard stickers on a foam board glues to sticks so they could write their own messages.

As it happened, adults used it more than children. Thats me in the blue with all four of my SILs.

For the cake I made a bag of popcorn. I even made my own marshmallow fondant for it.

I'm not sure if this is really what you were looking for or not. I did a ton of Google searching for this one and wound up making just about everything for it myself. 

In two weeks I'm doing an '80s roller skate party for my daughter and pinterest has been awsome for inspiration. Good luck!!

chellenout
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I love that idea of the photo booth and I can make that for my 14 dd  birthday this June!!! I love the lips, sunglasses.  I even have burgundy fabric to cover to pbc pipe.  I know my dd will love the lip,sunglasses idea. 

Quoting atmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN