Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

New business. advice? :)

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

I posted on another group and one of the gals told me to come here because some of you have your own businesses?

im new to all of this! My website has been online for 2 weeks and I just need some advice on how to get my name out there without spending a fortune :) also.. I really like to take a personal approach to business, do you think that would be a bad choice?

My website is http://www.ecobabyoutlet.com/

Thank you in advance! :)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
billssweety
by Cyndi on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

YAY, glad you joined!!  But you will have to remove your link in this forum.  You can only post links in the Marketplace Forum.

You will get lots of GREAT advice here!!!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Do you have a FB And twitter? Perhaps a blog, if you're chatty? Use FB like a FAN page, not to sell stuff - engage with your customers, post teasers about new products, talk about what you're making, post pictures - and if the item is available, add a link in the pic description so they can go look to buy it without having to talk to you. To spread the word, maybe a giveaway? Pass out business cards wherever you go. :)

melliburger
by Melli on May. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

You'll have to remove the link and you can put it in the marketplace forum!

to get your name out there, do facebook, twitter, have a blog, a lot of the stuff Cody mentioned is important too.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Also if you have a lot of inventory maybe book a craft show! Lots of chances to get your stuff seen and pass out business cards. Engage with other sellers. Make friends in the artisan Community.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN