Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ONEderland party... too girlie?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Dai
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
So. Oliver will be one in September, and his mommy has a mild obsession with Alice in Wonderland. Okay, maybe not mild.
Anyway, I told hubby that I want to do the party as Ollie in ONEderland, and he gave me a kind of puzzled look and said "isn't Alice in Wonderland for girl parties?"
I've gathered a LOT of ideas, and the party really wouldn't be "girlie," as far as I can tell. Ollie would have a Cheshire Cat striped hoodie with ears, and the only way there would be ANY Alice is if someone else dressed up! My blonde younger sister would make a beautiful Alice... =)
Hubby's not a big macho-man, but basically has no interest in girlie things lol
Is ONEderland a girls-only theme?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

NOPE! Not too girly at all!!!!

PattyinNV
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Ollie isn't a girl, so yea I'd go for it!  =-]

DaiTilley
by Dai on May. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I should post links to the stuff I've found online... I think as soon as he hears "Wonderland," he automatically thinks "Alice!". Lol
But there are tons of gender-neutral things out there!

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Men always seem to assume the worst ;) lol

I'm sure there are! Your son can't be the first to want an Alice in Wonderland party :) I say go for it!

Quoting DaiTilley:

I should post links to the stuff I've found online... I think as soon as he hears "Wonderland," he automatically thinks "Alice!". Lol

Quoting melliburger:

DaiTilley
by Dai on May. 4, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I just keep picturing how awesomely cute I could make our big back yard!
The gate when you pull up would be decorated as a rabbit hole, then the walkway to the back would have "momeraths" and the crazy direction signs, hang leafy garland along the top of the fence with fanciful things like big stopwatches and paper lanterns from all the posts... Food table set up like the Mad Hatter's tea party... Ugh I ACHE for a wonderland party! Lol

Quoting melliburger:

I'm sure there are! Your son can't be the first to want an Alice in Wonderland party :) I say go for it!

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Dai on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
www.party-ideas-by-a-pro.com/alice-in-wonderland-party.html

"Drink Me" charms for drinks! - family.go.com/printables/article-848248-alice-in-wonderland-shrink-charms-t/

Cheshire Cat Cupcakes - family.go.com/food/recipe-842673-cheshire-cat-cupcakes-t/

Edible Teacups for ice cream - family.go.com/food/recipe-842698-edible-teacups--t/

Momeraths - family.go.com/crafts/craft-842635-craft-stick-critters-t/

Pencil Birds - family.go.com/crafts/craft-842645-pencil-birds-t/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

EEEEEP! it sounds awesome!!!! Tell your hubby "trust me, I got this, just do what I say" lol and then plan the party :D

Quoting DaiTilley:

I just keep picturing how awesomely cute I could make our big back yard!
The gate when you pull up would be decorated as a rabbit hole, then the walkway to the back would have "momeraths" and the crazy direction signs, hang leafy garland along the top of the fence with fanciful things like big stopwatches and paper lanterns from all the posts... Food table set up like the Mad Hatter's tea party... Ugh I ACHE for a wonderland party! Lol

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

Anniea90
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Besides the fact that the main character is female, I find Alice in Wonderland to be very unisex as far as appeal. *shrugs* I say go for it :)

Anniebel22
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe call it a mad hatter party when talking to him?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeyganCasillas
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Love it!! I always wanted my girls to want an Alice party!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)