Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Finally finished my Rapunzel Hat! *Pics

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm so pleased I finished this today! I thought I'd be working until Sunday on it. This is my last hat that I had originally planned on doing (I had a surge of hat ideas that I just had to do now now now - this is the last of those!) so it's a relief to get it done. I spent more hours on this than any other hat, and it was definitely the most tricky! All that long yarn getting tangled got me so flustered earlier. But I do like how it turned out so it's worth it!

It's a "blonde" beanie with scalloped edges. There's one thick braid in the back doing down with pink, purple and blue flowers of different sizes going down, and a smaller braid that rounds the hat and then twists into the big braid (I copied it from the movie the best I could!)

My dinosaur of a laptop still won't let me post pictures directly here, so please go here to check it out! https://www.facebook.com/HomespunDreams#!/photo.php?fbid=285111891580502&set=a.285111884913836.65928.283308141760877&type=1&theater

I'm hoping to get a picture of my DD wearing it but she's asleep right now and she's quite tired of being a hat model already!

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It's awesome!!!!!! :) Great job!

kksmomma1019
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM
That is AMAZING!
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg! Amazing
sew4fun
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Omg! My girls r freaking out over the princess hats! If you do trades let me know,we would love to have one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I definitely will be, as soon as I get more prototypes done (and forget how much of a pain in the butt this hat was. Lol!)

Quoting sew4fun:

Omg! My girls r freaking out over the princess hats! If you do trades let me know,we would love to have one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
Thanks!

Quoting kksmomma1019:

That is AMAZING!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
Thank you!

Quoting prego_jessi:

Omg! Amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Really good work!

T-Rentsmommy06
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

That turned out really cute!! My friend does a Rapunzel hat that has two tails instead of one. :))

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

That turned out really cute!! My friend does a Rapunzel hat that has two tails instead of one. :))

Neat!! I had originally planned to do that to make it more symmetrical, but since I'm doing a whole line of Disney princesses, I figured I'd try to stay as true to the movie as I could.

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)