Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Finally finished my Rapunzel Hat! *Pics

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm so pleased I finished this today! I thought I'd be working until Sunday on it. This is my last hat that I had originally planned on doing (I had a surge of hat ideas that I just had to do now now now - this is the last of those!) so it's a relief to get it done. I spent more hours on this than any other hat, and it was definitely the most tricky! All that long yarn getting tangled got me so flustered earlier. But I do like how it turned out so it's worth it!

It's a "blonde" beanie with scalloped edges. There's one thick braid in the back doing down with pink, purple and blue flowers of different sizes going down, and a smaller braid that rounds the hat and then twists into the big braid (I copied it from the movie the best I could!)

My dinosaur of a laptop still won't let me post pictures directly here, so please go here to check it out! https://www.facebook.com/HomespunDreams#!/photo.php?fbid=285111891580502&set=a.285111884913836.65928.283308141760877&type=1&theater

I'm hoping to get a picture of my DD wearing it but she's asleep right now and she's quite tired of being a hat model already!

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (11-17):
T-Rentsmommy06
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM
That makes sense. Yours turned out really good!

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

That turned out really cute!! My friend does a Rapunzel hat that has two tails instead of one. :))

Neat!! I had originally planned to do that to make it more symmetrical, but since I'm doing a whole line of Disney princesses, I figured I'd try to stay as true to the movie as I could.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph_hailee
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
So cute. I like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on May. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

That's awesome! Super cute! You did a great job!

kileys_mommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
So cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britniwheeler
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

These are so cool!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Very cute!
MissElissa21
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

That is awesome! Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN