Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I'm Up To!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am sewing like crazy today! I spent most of the past 1.5 hours cutting out mon-stors and plushies. :D One Mon-stor is cut and pinned, one is ready to be cut, and I got 8 plushies cut out! I have 6/8 pairs of limbs for the plushes sewn as well! :) Very productive! Working like crazy for the Strawberry Swing Festival!!!!

Here is a pic of the plushes shapes cut out!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Go Cody! lol Nice to see you sewing :)

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

sounds like you have some motivation back :) have fun sewing.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Thanks! I am actually considering reworking Daft's hours so I have MORE time to SEW this month! I miss it so very much!! I am hoping to have fifty or more monsters for this show and what doesn't sell I will list. I have... Hm... 7 monsters right now. So I have a TON of sewing to do in the next 3 weeks!

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on May. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM

YOu can do it :) I hope reworking the hours helps!

Not to take over your post, or change the subject, but I feel the same with Melli's Trinkets! I need a few days to just focus on it and put up new things! Looks like hubby's gonna spend quite a bit of quality time with Sir Jordan ;)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Thanks! I am actually considering reworking Daft's hours so I have MORE time to SEW this month! I miss it so very much!! I am hoping to have fifty or more monsters for this show and what doesn't sell I will list. I have... Hm... 7 monsters right now. So I have a TON of sewing to do in the next 3 weeks!

Quoting melliburger:

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The Strawberry Swing Fest has totally lit a fire under my butt! :) lol I am having a blast jamming out to music. T and G are at a birthday party so it's just me and the cats and the dog. :D I have about another hour of uninterrupted sewing time. :)

Quoting jryberg:

sounds like you have some motivation back :) have fun sewing.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I have been wanting to change the hours to 10-4 for weeks but everyone keeps saying "You'll miss the after-work crowd!!!"... Um, it's dead from 4-6 most days! lol. And instead of being open until 9, I want to change classes to Wed and Sat 4-6 and start doing kid workshops on Wed. We'll see how implementing all this goes. :P lol

Good luck with getting time for your joy as well! It's great when you have that creative burst and can actually USE it!!!! I hope you are able to get everything want to get done, done. :) We'll be filling this group with pictures this week of lovely completed projects, I bet. lol!

Quoting melliburger:

Not to take over your post, or change the subject, but I feel the same with Melli's Trinkets! I need a few days to just focus on it and put up new things! Looks like hubby's gonna spend quite a bit of quality time with Sir Jordan ;)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on May. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I hope it works! You are open on Saturdays so those after work people will get a chance on weekends if htey really want to go.

Thank yoU! I hope I get to make lots of things! I think I am going to go on an earring making run haha They are popping into my head a lot!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I have been wanting to change the hours to 10-4 for weeks but everyone keeps saying "You'll miss the after-work crowd!!!"... Um, it's dead from 4-6 most days! lol. And instead of being open until 9, I want to change classes to Wed and Sat 4-6 and start doing kid workshops on Wed. We'll see how implementing all this goes. :P lol

Good luck with getting time for your joy as well! It's great when you have that creative burst and can actually USE it!!!! I hope you are able to get everything want to get done, done. :) We'll be filling this group with pictures this week of lovely completed projects, I bet. lol!

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting melliburger:

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Maybe stay open later one day a week for the people that cant get there durning work hours. Congrats on the festival!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunNtheoven
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Awesome! Sounds like some fun alone time for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on May. 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Ohhh pretty!  I hope you can get alot done!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)