Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Does any one make quilts?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
Does any one make tshirt quilts? I have some tshirts from my son growing up and I want to put them into a quilt. I wont be ready for it to be made until a year or so. Does any one know how to do this and how much it will cost. I can't sew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pasteeater
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Thanks for any help in advance btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I have not had success with any quilt project here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peechi81
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I make them. For a quilt with 16 shirts and dashing I charge $250. It's not too hard to do. Just very time consuming and it has to be precise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I don't! I know ladies on here do though :) good luck!

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I am just learning to quilt and am looking forward to making oe for my daughter in a few years. Good luck finding some help. I know they are costly because of the time it akes to make them.
pasteeater
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'll have to get more shirts. Lol that's why I'm waiting because I want one from high school next year. Do they have to be the same size? I have many different sizes.

Quoting Peechi81:

I make them. For a quilt with 16 shirts and dashing I charge $250. It's not too hard to do. Just very time consuming and it has to be precise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I would google and you tube it. I make quilts and it's not too hard. If your interested in doing it yourself feel free to ask!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peechi81
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM
You can make them different sizes. I've made all mine the same size. Just to make the math easier. Just make sure to use some sort of backing on the shirts so they won't stretch.

Quoting pasteeater:

I'll have to get more shirts. Lol that's why I'm waiting because I want one from high school next year. Do they have to be the same size? I have many different sizes.

Quoting Peechi81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atmomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I made one for my SIL and her husband for christmas using the work shirts from where they met. I posted here a few months back. Its the first one shown.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113532/forums/read/16000987/Quilts_eta_better_closer_pic_of_dds

I didn't find it all that difficult to be honest, but then again there are much better ones out there, and mine was pretty simple. It just required a lot of reinforcing the stretchy fabrics to reduce streching. It wound up being about queen size and I used the front and back of 11 large and xlarge shirts.

Good luck with yours!

crystal.davis78
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I'm saving stuff for the same reason!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN