Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Teacher appreciation ideas?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have lots of fabric, sewing and emb machine, a couple of white hand towels.... Just looking for some ideas... I also have some ceramic tiles and scrap book paper and mod podge... I can not decide if the coasters would be a good gift... Help me!! This is my sons first year of school. This is all new to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mel_js06
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I'm sure some one has an idea? anybody?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I'm not making anything for teacher appreciation day. But I did get her teachers a travel coffee cup, with come candy and cute hand sanitizers that came in yummy flavors. It's my DD 1st year in school too. I think coasters are nice, or an apron I think anything you make/give them , they'd appreciate. Are you on Pintrest? There are tons of ideas there. Good luck and plz share what you plan on making , 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I am making my kids teachers a few things. I made the duct tape pen holders and they loved them.

For the woman teachers-

Duct tape pencil cases

Duct tape note book holders with notebooks in them

Duct tape weaved clutch

For the 1 man teacher he loves to grill-

Apron and mitt

MeyganCasillas
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I made her a coffee cozy to go with the gift card we bought her as a class, a book of memories, we have to decorate her door tomorrow,  and I'm hoping my husband finds something else to go with  the gift bag for me soon.

my youngest has 9 teachers ( 3 main, 1 OT, 2 speech and a PT) it's expensive! I made them all cross stitches with little teacher sayings and turned them into magnets, I'll probably make 5 of them coffee cozies since they've been around for 2 years now. I know i'm making cupcakes because shes graduating to kinder this year... Other than that I dont know.. lol

melliburger
by Melli on May. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

These ladies had great ideas!

If you want, search Pinterest! i've seen some pretty cool ideas floating around there :)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on May. 7, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I need to buy her teacher something too. I don't want to be cheap or too expensive lol
sew4fun
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

You do not have to buy something to go with it, hand made gifts are awesome and mean more to most people. I think a coaster is a good gift. You could get a terra cotta pot and paint it ( or even a coffee mug) with chalk board paint and include some chalk with it. You could make a banner for the class room with your sewing machine and embroidery machine. What about a bunting with his/her name embroidered on it? Like Mrs. Woods class ( just used my name LOL ) or just the name. A book bag, purse,table runner or table cloth, a hanging storage chart,curtins,a wreath? On the pot/cup idea you could add to it by making putting floral foam in the bottom of it and making a candy or cake pop arrangement in it< I think it would be cute to use pencils as the "picks" and use floral tape or even just tape to attatch candy to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)