Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT: Vacation ideas??

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

We have scheduled our vacation for August this year...We are trying to come up with some ideas. We try to do something with our kids every summer. We have taken them to Branson, MO twice, so we would like to do something different. We live in Texas, so we go Galveston ALL the time. We have also taken the kids to San Antonio quite a few times.

We need ideas for something that is fairly affordable. Also, something that does not require alot of walking...my husband is healing from a broken femur, so will not be able to walk alot.

We were planning on taking our kids to Florida to Disney World this summer, but since hubby was hurt we will have to put it off until next summer.

Oh, our kids are DS-10yrs and DD-5yrs. Any ideas??

TIA! :)

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bunNtheoven
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Sorry I don't live in Texas so I don't know of any places to go. . .but camping?? Camping is usually fun & affordable if you pick a great spot by a lake or slow flowing river. :-) We're planning our vacation too...we live in CA so we're thinking Legoland! Our son is 8 and he'd love it! Our daughter is 3 so she still goes with the flow. We'll go camping too since we live in the mountains and it doesn't cost much to drive to a camp site.

Google some all inclusive resorts and maybe find a place where you guys can stay, relax, go out to eat, just spend quality family time together...

melliburger
by Melli on May. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I live in AZ but don't really know much about any of the surrounding area yet :/

Grand canyon?

bmcandmmh
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Disneyland in la is smaller but still miles of walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Hm, what about a week at the beach? Or if you are willing to travel, a week in Asheville, NC enjoying the mountains, the views, floating in the rivers on inner tubes, etc? That is where I grew up. :)

samanthaleah84
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM
St Louis. They have lots of free stuff. The WI Dells (waterpark capital of the world).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthaleah84
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/city-guides/free-st-louis-traveler/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

i was gonna say sea world if you go to san antonio

billssweety
by Cyndi on May. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

We usually camp, prefer the beach....

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM
OKC has frontier city, it's much smaller than six flags. There's also a great zoo and a science museum? Tulsa has a zoo ( it's ok) and an aquarium. I'm also in Tulsa, haha. Google things in states that touch TX. You might be surprised what you find.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DandMsMommy
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Thanks everyone...I am checking these out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)