Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I crocheted a wash cloth!

I think I did it right. Chain, loop, put it under, loop, pull though one, loop, pull through all loops? LOL! I have no idea, I was trying to remember but too lazy to look it up. Anyway, I think it turned out aight. If a little loopy while I was tryingt o get the tension thing down. This is DEFINITELY NOT my medium. lol

by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I love the crocheted tulle or net scrubbies!

Quoting Mamabear-Shell:

Woo Hoo!!  Looks great!  I got the gal that makes scrubbies for our farmer's market to show me how she makes them.  Saves money.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I was just going from memory - she taught me a few but I couldn't remember which I was supposed to use for what or how to do them besides that one.

Quoting whitleypittman:

sounds like a half double crochet. hope that's what you were aiming for lol! Looks good, if you ask me. :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I have nooooooooooo clue. lol! I was just winging it. We needed a new one. My other was messy and stained. And smelled weird!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

It sounds like she's doing half double crochets.

Quoting Turtledoves:

This. Sounds like you are one loop short of a double crochet. Looks good though! There's so many stitches, I'm always getting confused and have to look it up again!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Nice job! Make sure you go through both loops in the stitch you crochet into, unless you want that ridge there on top of your stitches =)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

cute.  :)

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

lol! it takes a while to remember which ones are which, but once you do, you could crochet with your eyes closed.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I was just going from memory - she taught me a few but I couldn't remember which I was supposed to use for what or how to do them besides that one.

Quoting whitleypittman:

sounds like a half double crochet. hope that's what you were aiming for lol! Looks good, if you ask me. :)

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

lol you're doing great!!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I have nooooooooooo clue. lol! I was just winging it. We needed a new one. My other was messy and stained. And smelled weird!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Quoting Turtledoves:

This. Sounds like you are one loop short of a double crochet. Looks good though! There's so many stitches, I'm always getting confused and have to look it up again!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Nice job! Make sure you go through both loops in the stitch you crochet into, unless you want that ridge there on top of your stitches =)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

It's cotton yarn, so it's kinda stiff, but I want to use this color to make a scarf or somethin'. Something bigger for practice on getting the edges all the same instead of rippley.

Quoting MommaChelleB:

lol you're doing great!!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting MommaChelleB:

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Ok, is the pattern a v-stitch pattern? Im about to load a video I just did with my husband holding my camera lol! I can show a v-stitch too if you'd like? How are you liking crocheting?

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Awesome! I was doing a hdc! Woot! Lol and I was putting it through or under I guess both strands. Hm. Mine doesn't look solid like that. Is it because I stretched and tugged on it to look at my stitches? Lol or maybe I missed a step. After dinner ill try again!!!!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Let's see how this works lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eTDFijMcg&feature=youtu.be

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)