Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Love being crafty

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have not had much time this week but late last night I made my own deoterant and liquid hand soap. They work so well. This will save me tons of money every year. I also made a few more pads today to add to the store but can not finish them till my snaps come in the mail. And of course there was no mail today. I sat and waited all day for those snaps and the mail person never even came down my street. I hope they come tomorrow. Off to my sisters in the morning for a parent swap group. I am bring farm fresh eggs to swap.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Sounds like a productive day! Sorry the mail didn't come today :(

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Sounds awesome - how do you make deodorant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on May. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM

sounds like you have had a great few days. i hope the mail comes today so you can finish up the project.

my4kidsrock2
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I love my home made deoderant! did you do the solid or the powder?

RutterMama
by Tia on May. 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Very cool!! Sorry about the mail.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM
They came today. I got my snaps. I was so happy. When I got home from a visit at my sisters today I was able to add snaps to the new cloth pads I had finished last week. They are now ready and posted on my new store. I was also able to take pictures of some of the doll dresses I make and got those posted also. I love getting work done. Makes me feel good. I have also had requests to make reusable babywipes. Guess I will be sewing again tomorrow.
MissElissa21
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM

That's awesome! I want to make soap, I just don't need any more supplies cluttering up my house right now :( I really really need to finish the pads I started, but I just can't bring myself to finish them! I have like 40 soakers cut, but not serged, and I still haven't figured out what I am going to do with the bottom or if I am going to add wings. UGH! Too many choices lmao! Farm fresh eggs sound like an awesome swap! The city of Orlando is trying out a new permit for 3 hens in residential areas! I really hope it works out and will trickle to the neighboring towns (mine).

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Quoting MissElissa21:

That's awesome! I want to make soap, I just don't need any more supplies cluttering up my house right now :( I really really need to finish the pads I started, but I just can't bring myself to finish them! I have like 40 soakers cut, but not serged, and I still haven't figured out what I am going to do with the bottom or if I am going to add wings. UGH! Too many choices lmao! Farm fresh eggs sound like an awesome swap! The city of Orlando is trying out a new permit for 3 hens in residential areas! I really hope it works out and will trickle to the neighboring towns (mine).

I would go with wings and snaps to keep them in place. I hope the new hen law works out. We are an old farming town so we, even in the center of town, can have animals. We have a very small amount of land but have been able to keep 22 chickens. I love all the fresh eggs every day. They also make great pets. They are so fun to be around. I can watch them for hours. The swap today was great. I got homemade cards, sage, salt dough for the kids, laundry detergent, homemade bubble bath and homemade hand scrub. It was a lot of fun.
MissElissa21
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That is so awesome! I am really jealous right now! I only know 1 person close to me that is as crafty and would be interested in a swap! I wish there were more people like that around here so we could have fun swaps! That's an awesome way to get to know people, try new things, and not waste things that have to be made in a huge batch, but can't be used by just 1 family! How wonderful. Ahhhh That would be heaven! We have a lot of farming on the outskirts of our town, but in town we can't have farm animals. I want a few chickens, We don't really eat a lot of animal products, but some fresh eggs would be nice. I really really want some sheep! We are looking for houses and we have to get a realtor that can help us find one somewhere I can have sheep and chickens :) I want the wool and hear they make fantastic pets! Lmao!

Quoting Jessiejack:

Quoting MissElissa21:

I would go with wings and snaps to keep them in place. I hope the new hen law works out. We are an old farming town so we, even in the center of town, can have animals. We have a very small amount of land but have been able to keep 22 chickens. I love all the fresh eggs every day. They also make great pets. They are so fun to be around. I can watch them for hours. The swap today was great. I got homemade cards, sage, salt dough for the kids, laundry detergent, homemade bubble bath and homemade hand scrub. It was a lot of fun.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I have been making my own laundry soap, bathroom cleaner, kitchen cleaner, face wash, shampoo/conditioner. I am in love with homemade products now! I calculated that by making laundry soap I am saving my family over $450 a year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)