Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

HI NEW HERE =)

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 15 Replies

hi, i'm new to this group... i have been crocheting for almost a year now... so basically i'm still a beginner... plus trying to juggle house work, raising a 18 month old, and trying to squeeze in time to crochet, i get behind sometimes.. but i'm hoping that since my dd is getting older now, that i can get back into a healthy balance of everything that i can include crocheting as well.

here are some pics of things i have learned to crochet over the past year... let me know what you guys think... critsism is best for me, so don't be afraid to say something. =)

below are pics:

made this for my dd for her first birthday... my first ever baby blanket =)

this is a basic of my first crochet bag/over the shoulder purse =)

and these are my first ever pair of crochet socks (size 7-8)...=)

i will be posting more pics of things that i make as i go along...

let me know what you ladies think... remember i'm a beginner so i would love some critism if you have any... compliments are welcome as well... any comments would be great =)

by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Hi and welcome! Great projects so far! :) I'm Cody. I make monsters (sewn) and own a gift shop in Independence Missouri. Its called Daft Crafts. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

thanx =).. i'm hoping to get a website of my own eventually... i mean, i have so many ideas of things to make and how to create them.. but time for me is what makes me put if off.. but i'm hoping that i can get balanced with it... =).

i'm hoping to at least get a fb page up by the end of the year, and start selling something.. =)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Hi and welcome! Great projects so far! :) I'm Cody. I make monsters (sewn) and own a gift shop in Independence Missouri. Its called Daft Crafts. :)

kileys_mommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Welcome! I learned to crochet in November, and mostly make character hats. Your projects look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM
very cool! I have been selling my monsters for about three years. That business is called Lu and Ed. Daft Crafts is a brick and mortar store. :) we have almost 50 artists selling in the shop now!

I will say, don't make art to make money. Make art because you love it - it takes a hot minute (for me, a year) to see substantial profit. Good luck!

Quoting momeofasweete1:

thanx =).. i'm hoping to get a website of my own eventually... i mean, i have so many ideas of things to make and how to create them.. but time for me is what makes me put if off.. but i'm hoping that i can get balanced with it... =).

i'm hoping to at least get a fb page up by the end of the year, and start selling something.. =)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momeofasweete1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

thank you.. to me, they look pretty plain, (but i'm used to critising myself)...

i am working on a few more projects right now, another over-the-shoulder purse, and a heart shapped rug... i'm gonna post the rug once i'm done with it =)

Quoting kileys_mommy:

Welcome! I learned to crochet in November, and mostly make character hats. Your projects look great!

momeofasweete1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

oh most definately crocheting because i love it.. but making a bit of a profit helps somewhat... i love getting ideas of things that i can crochet, and i write them down, and then go over in my head how they should look and everything... (sometimes i don't even need a pattern)... =) i know crocheting things you don't make a huge profit, (unless you have mutiple people helping you make the projects).. but it's just me, so i just love crocheting, and if i can, i'll try to make a profit off somethings.. or at the least, get my work out there =)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

very cool! I have been selling my monsters for about three years. That business is called Lu and Ed. Daft Crafts is a brick and mortar store. :) we have almost 50 artists selling in the shop now!

I will say, don't make art to make money. Make art because you love it - it takes a hot minute (for me, a year) to see substantial profit. Good luck!

Quoting momeofasweete1:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

melliburger
by Melli on May. 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Hi and welcome to the group! I'm Melli :)
Very nice stuff :) Thank you for sharing it!

momeofasweete1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM

thanx.. i love to share things like this with people... =)

Quoting melliburger:

Hi and welcome to the group! I'm Melli :)
Very nice stuff :) Thank you for sharing it!

dizzy77702
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I give you credit bc I can't even knit, I am horrible at it, I like to sew though and opened an online store and am going to try some craft fairs but good job for your first attempts, especially since you're life sounds really busy but it's important to make time for yourself and it sounds like you have found a good outlet to do that.

momeofasweete1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

thanx =).. my aunt taught me when i was 15 and still in high school how to crochet, but because i was in high school still (teenage stuff going on plus school work) i dropped it, until about a year ago when i started back up again, took me a while to remember how to crochet again even.. lol.. my mom used to sew all the time, she loved it, plus she worked full time as a nurse's aide providing for a family of eight..., so yea, i have a busy life, but one day, i at least hope that my dd will find something that she loves to do like this (maybe sewing, crafting, crochetin, knitting... etc.,) everyone has their own special talents that come naturally to them, and for me, this just feels natural =)

Quoting dizzy77702:

I give you credit bc I can't even knit, I am horrible at it, I like to sew though and opened an online store and am going to try some craft fairs but good job for your first attempts, especially since you're life sounds really busy but it's important to make time for yourself and it sounds like you have found a good outlet to do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)