Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

SAHM In Nd of Crocheting Help...B4 I Lose My Sanity!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
  • 22 Replies

I am a stay at home mom and student. I recently found myself having one of my many "losing my mind with boredom" episodes. So I took a trip to Walmart, Michaels, and Target. I got a sewing machine, some thread, needles, fabric...Crochet needles, yarn, and paint etc. Any craft item u can think of I bought.

I really wanna learn how to make some baby items and other everyday items by crocheting. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. Thanks so much!wave

"Life has changed and in turn changed me...I am now happy and whole, looking forward to what the future brings."

by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifair
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

You tube has tons of videos. Pintrest is also pretty heplful. Plus there is amazing talent in this group! Good luck and can't wait to see what you end up making 

StephanAndCoral
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I don't know how to crochet anything but a straight line so here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msdannic86
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Thank you, I wanna make a couple of blankets. Im TTC so one would be for me, but my little brother is expecting his second baby so I wanna make something for him also.

MamaSulli2005
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

The easiest to start with would just be to make a chain and single crochet it. You could make an entire blanket out of single crochet's and chains in varying colors. That's how I started when I was 9 or 10, single crochet scarfs lol

cmissamy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I suggest the kit I taught myself crochet which is sold at wally world, it comes with everything you need to get started in crochet

momeofasweete1
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

i am fairly new at this myself (just really started getting into crocheting almost a year ago).. so i would suggest some self help books that they sell in places like mary maxxim's and joann fabrics, and there are alot of videos you can watch  on youtube, and i can also send you some patterns via pm on crocheting easy and basic things if you would like =).. just let me know =)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Check out youtube or ravelry for crochet tips. Or google and see if there is a local fiber store near you that offers classes. If you have a Joanns near you they offer classes too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom3cutieboyz
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Crochet is easy to start with.  I've made a ton of blankets.  I've upgraded to Cross Stitch which takes time and patience.  I started with the "How To" books and was well on my way to nice pretty blankets in no time.

Good Luck!

TheHare
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I'd look on TipNut.com. They have oodles of projects, with full tutorials. Everything from makeup bags to cloth diapers to kitchen decor.

smile357
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I am fairly new myself. I started a couple months ago. Could you possibly also send me some patterns. I've got sc, dc, and in the rounds down. Thanks

Quoting momeofasweete1:

i am fairly new at this myself (just really started getting into crocheting almost a year ago).. so i would suggest some self help books that they sell in places like mary maxxim's and joann fabrics, and there are alot of videos you can watch  on youtube, and i can also send you some patterns via pm on crocheting easy and basic things if you would like =).. just let me know =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)