Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT- Surprises...UPDATE with pic!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you feel about surprises? The good ones. The ones that somebody gives you a hint is coming but won't tell you details.

Does the anticipation make you excited or drive you crazy?

--

It drives me crazy!! Haha and my husband knows this. Last night he said he had to take a call outside and I could NOT listen. He was outside for  about 5 minutes and came back with a big grin on his face. He looked me and said..."You are really going to love this..."

Of course, I replied with..."Love WHAT?!?"

DH..."Can't tell you. You will just have to wait."

Me..."give me a clue...you know how crazy this drives me."

DH then proceeded to tell me the city name next to us but that was it.

I am racking my brain to figure out what it could possibly be and so far I have nothing. The only thing in that city that even remotely grabs my attention is Hobby Lobby...so I have NO clue.

--

Awesome surprise! Well worth the wait!

As a little kid, I always begged for a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. But instead I got my mom's homemade cakes. Looking back...I think I probably got the better deal haha However, when Dairy Queen opened in the city next to us a few months ago... I told DH of my childhood wish. Last night he was placing an order for an ice cream cake. When they asked him how he wanted it decoated...he requested just green, since that is my favorite color!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brieshon
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I hate surprises. Lol. I'm a bad sport! Luckily, DH is crappy at keeping secrets from me and always spoils his surprises. XD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

My husband is awesome at it. I am not. haha I always tell him his surprises early.

Quoting Brieshon:

I hate surprises. Lol. I'm a bad sport! Luckily, DH is crappy at keeping secrets from me and always spoils his surprises. XD

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Trace SUCKS at secrets. He proposed to me within an hour of buying my ring because he couldn't keep it from me any longer. lol

I hate surprises to. Drives me nuts!!!!!

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I love surprises when they are complete surprises and I knew absolutely nothing about it and wasn't expecting it. However like you when hubby tells me he can't tell me something it drives me crazy and the surprise is no longer fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

haha my husband apparently had mine for months. He had it hid as his mom's though. I was even with him when he got it from her and never noticed.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Trace SUCKS at secrets. He proposed to me within an hour of buying my ring because he couldn't keep it from me any longer. lol

I hate surprises to. Drives me nuts!!!!!

mommytohuddy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Exactly! I wish he wouldn't have said anything at all haha

Quoting HeathersRich:

I love surprises when they are complete surprises and I knew absolutely nothing about it and wasn't expecting it. However like you when hubby tells me he can't tell me something it drives me crazy and the surprise is no longer fun.

Navy_Wife08
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

My mom did it to me last night. She told me I had a delivery coming today so I had to stay home until I got it. Her and my inlaws sent me edible arrangements for mothers day since dh is off floating in the ocean.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I  love them but it drives me nuts! I always want to know. DH thinks its funny and knows how to push my buttons.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I love love surprises. I did not find out the sex of my child. I felt it was like knowing your Christmas present before you even got it. I snooped one Christmas as a kid. It was the worst Christmas ever. Now if DH was better at surprises I would be all set.
melliburger
by Melli on May. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It depends lol Somtimes I'm excited with a surprise but most of hte time I find out on accident so no more surprises!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)