Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

ot i hate spiders

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

so i asked hubby to squish it he scared me half to death when he asked me isnt that a brown recluse? he squished it flat and flushed it omg he has what could be a bite on his leg, i've been treating it with peroxide and neosporin he thinks it came home with him he works in the garden center  so glad it didnt bite my 2 yr old im still a little shell shocked i really didnt think they lived in iowa but it sure looked like a photo of a brown recluse

by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PartiallyNormal
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Be careful, if there's one there's usually more. (sorry!)
HIJKLM
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Scary! I hate spiders too. I just moved and the new place has tons of spiders. I'm having someone come spray today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on May. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

ewwww

rHOPEb
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM

OH MY!  How frightening!!!!  We live in the south and have tons of spiders.  We have several black widows in our yard.  :(  But none in the house.  I have seen scorpinons in the house tho and they freak me out!!!!

eFreak23
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I used to own a tarantula.  He was my baby.  :-)   I would take him everywhere with me...   most of the time, I would just put him on my shoulder and off we would go. 

mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Quoting eFreak23:

I used to own a tarantula.  He was my baby.  :-)   I would take him everywhere with me...   most of the time, I would just put him on my shoulder and off we would go. 

i think poisonous or not i could handle seeing a tarantula i can see them coming this spider was small and creepy looking

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM

If he works in a garden center-depending where they got plants shipped in from-its possible it could have traveled in the shipment.

When I worked in a smaller mall-there was a grocery store attached-they'd get banana spiders (poisonous) occasionally in the crates and black widows in the grapes. (I was friends with someone who worked the produce dept)

MissElissa21
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Oh no! We have lots of spiders here. Brown recluses, black widows, wood and wolf spiders. Blecgh! Luckily we also have tons of lizards that eat them. We bring in a different lizard almost every day to eat any bugs that may have snuck in the house. DD is getting really good at catching them.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM

hubby says it wasnt a brown recluse but it was a type of trapdoor spider in the same family and still venomous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN