Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Moving gift

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

One of my best friends is moving down state to NYC! I'm heart broken but understand. I want to do like a care package or something for her big move. Any ideas? This is her 1st big move, she's moving in with her BF who just graduated from Yale and will be working for a company on Broadway. Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ladies. 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirls10181
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
How about a kitchen cake, it is like a diaper cake for a baby shower only make with kitchen towels n utinals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe a photo of the two of you n a nice frame?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

how about a friendship book. Put in memories, pictures and all the reasons you will miss her.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cowgirls10181:

How about a kitchen cake, it is like a diaper cake for a baby shower only make with kitchen towels n utinals.

this only bathroom all out toiletrys got lost in the move and needed replaced or you can do cleaning stuff i spent 70$ getting house-y stuff for this place

shell3m
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get a big basket and fill it with cleaning products.  You can NEVER have too many cleaning items.  Then maybe a smaller basket for just her, like some new nail polish or a piece of jewelry along with other things.  :)  You know her better than we do, so just think of what she likes and make a special I love you basket.  She use the bigger basket and love the special smaller one.  :)

melliburger
by Melli on May. 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Kitchen stuff! LOL Or a pretty piece of wall art... or some shower stuff?

Jennifair
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Thanx everyone. I'm just so depressed. I have 2 best friends we are like family.and one is  moving 5 hours away! I have until July but $ is tight so I have to go at it slowly like. 

Juanita679
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM
bump

mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting shell3m:

I would get a big basket and fill it with cleaning products.  You can NEVER have too many cleaning items.  Then maybe a smaller basket for just her, like some new nail polish or a piece of jewelry along with other things.  :)  You know her better than we do, so just think of what she likes and make a special I love you basket.  She use the bigger basket and love the special smaller one.  :)

or even put some cleaning stuff in a mop bucket?

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM

A basket with household items would be nice for someone who is moving into a new place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)