Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

coping with loss and perserving their memory

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

My grandma was always very crafy, she made everything! I didnt really inherit this skill,but I always loved the idea of just making things your own,.... last year my grandpa passed away, when i was looking through his stuff i found little stuff that reminded me of him but had no idea what to do with it to where it wouldnt get lost and be able to display it in some way. So I put it all into my sons diaper wipes boxes, the plastic ones with the lids, they come in all diffrent designs and colors it was perfect. i put it all in the box and now display it in my glass door cabniet. i now have 4 in there, one for my grandpa, one for my grandma, My sons little stuff from when he was born and the baby shower, and one full of letters i got from my brother and other family while they where away in the military. Some i decorated, some were already nice. Its a very handy way to perserve little keepsakes and have them cutely displayed in my living room where i can open them up if i need to rember, or to show my kids little parts of the past they never got to see.

by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissElissa21
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM

That's a great idea. You could also do a shadow box, or depending on what is in there turn it into something else. Some of the most amazing jewelry comes from things that were never intended to be worn. I don't know what's in there, but if you ever need help turning it into something else, this group is full of ideas! Welcome, I am Melissa by the way :) 

shell3m
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

very sweet and nice.  :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Very sweet way to keep memories alive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM

shadow box is what gave me the idea, i had a bunch of these wipes boxes laying around that i already spent the money on, so figured might as well put them to use! and the stuff inside varys is another reason i had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with it, theres letters,dog tags, cards, even my sons belly button lol ect... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN