Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Happy Thursday! What are you doing today?

What are you guys up to today? Reading a good book? Blogging? Working? Creating? If you are crafting, what are you making?

How is the weather?

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
cutestmom24
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I'm going to try to finish reading the chicken soup for the new mom soul I got for mothers day,orther then that I'm just going to hang around the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imspikesmom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

thank you!! that sounds great, i hope its easy :)

Quoting Brieshon:

Newsboys and monster hats are my faves, for little boys. I have a basic crochet newsboy pattern on my blog, if you're interested. :)

http://breezybot.blogspot.com/

Quoting imspikesmom:

today i need to decide on what type of newborn hat i want to make for a friend. she just found out shes having a boy, she already and a 5 yo boy and 3 yo daughter at home. any suggestions???? im about to look at ravelry to get ideas, but i would love some input.

Jenny31978
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

It started storming here last night, & they're calling for severe storms today. :( We're going to stay in & make forts, do some crafts, have a picnic, & have a dance party I think. If they get super antsy, I'll have to put on a favorite movie & we'll pop popcorn. Hopefully that will throughly distract the girls so I can do some sewing.

I'm testing another pattern for Create Kids Couture! It's an apron knot dress that's due next Tues. The ties are different than most knot dresses & it requires shirring. I picked this combo of fabrics. Red polka dots will be the bodice. The small floral will be the skirt & straps. The bird/teapot motif will be the apron. I'll probably try to find some green colored ric rack or ribbon to accent the apron as well.

I also have two custom requests to work on. One of my friends requested a matching girl & doll dress for her DD's birthday. We picked out the fabric the other day. The white background with flowers & butterflies will be the dress, the grey/citron yellow butterflies will be the sleeves & border, & the yellow fabric will be the sash.

Lastly, photographer on Etsy contacted me to make an outfit for her DD. She wants a knot top & cuffed bubble shorts. We've been going back & forth on design & colors. She loves bright colors like aqua with yellow accents or pink with yellow. I found this Jennifer Paganelli fabric that has all the colors in it, so we're going to go with it. The aqua polka dots will be the bodice of the top & the shorts. The paisley print will be the skirt of the top. The yellow floral print will be an accent strip on the bodice, knot straps, & the cuffs on the shorts. I'm thinking of adding a piece of pink fabric in the bodice too to pull it all together. Hoping it all turns out!

mommytohuddy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Working but leaving early.

My brother graduates from highschool tonight :)

Oh and trying to decide if I want to buy a domain name I just found!! I think I am addicted to domain names haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLGross215
by Sarah on May. 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

making more handbags :)

christydlewis
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM

We finished cleaning the house this morning...all I got to do now is finish the laundry. I'm going to go threw my patterns and get them organized. I haven't done that since we moved. Thinking ahead.....I want to go back home in October and go to the Honey Bee Festival and have a booth again this year. I did it last year but it was a bust. I had less then a week to get everything done and I didn't have a good selection of stuff. So I'm starting to do stuff and putting it in a tote for it. If I'm not able to go and do it then I will just have ready to ship items for the shop or Christmas gifts done already ;)

kids1derful
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I did finish up a neck scarf I was working on, made some cards.  thinking about making a bag next,but first I have to clean. boo hiss!

pictures below!

ABCs_mom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Today I am doing a few things. I am searching all my online sites for a outdoor play mat pattern, I am reading more of The Secret Circle and I a cleaniong house. Well that is as long as my 6month old isn't screaming for mommy to hold and rock him to sleep after being up all night.

kileys_mommy
by Shannon on May. 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I'm gonna try to do all the farm chores before DS wakes up, but I'm lacking the motivation to get dressed, lol. I got an order yesterday evening that I will be working on today. I need to go down to Joann's, but I think I'll wait when I can use my 10 % off coupon tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Boo! Stinks you forgot them! Could you just swing by and grab them?

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

I'm off work today and I'm thinking it's gonna be a zoo day. I know it'll be hot and windy but I've got to get this kiddo out and about. She had an amazing week at preschool. Either that or maybe I'll go get her a pool.

No crafting today. I took my projects to work yesterday and I forgot them :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)