Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

DH just left -ot

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
DH just left for 2 weeks for annual training and I am on my own. No family, no friends, etc... This should be interesting. I only pray I have no flareups while he is gone and that I make it thru DD2's well baby exam with both of them.

He will be missing the baby's 1st Birthday which is the 2nd. And our 5th Anniversary which is the 3rd. I am bummed about that.

Anyways, the good part of him being gone is my house stays clean lol. So maybe I will get some crafting done. A girl can at least dream, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandarose
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Aw, i'm sorry. Be thankful he wasn't deployed and is leaving for months :(  You will be fine holding down the house while he is gone. Take something for the kids to do while at the appt. And maybe you guys can celebrate the birthday and aniversary when he gets back?

Balancing
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I hope the next two weeks go smoothly for you.

As a military wife, we just spent 18 months apart... It is times like this that you find your greatest strenghts and you discover allies -- locally, online, distant friends/relatives, etc to pull from.

Maybe you can choose to celebrate her birthday a little bit later in the month, same with your anniversary.  Do "face time" or skype on that day so that you are "still together."

samanthaleah84
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Thanks. Our 18 month seperation was without kids. I am sure he will be due for one soon. Not worrying about THAT until the time comes. Last year he was gone for 9 weeks but at least my youngest was a newborn. Now I am chasing around 2 walkers lol.

And yes, her party is at the end of the month. We scheduled it that way. He is going to be in the field the entire 2 weeks. No cell service, no internet, not even showers (he'll be washing his own uniforms lol). Maybe he'll surprise us with skype.

Quoting Balancing:

As a military wife, we just spent 18 months apart... It is times like this that you find your greatest strenghts and you discover allies -- locally, online, distant friends/relatives, etc to pull from.

Maybe you can choose to celebrate her birthday a little bit later in the month, same with your anniversary.  Do "face time" or skype on that day so that you are "still together."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthaleah84
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I am very thankful it is not a deployment! As for the appointment I am seeing if my Dad will come up to help but I know Tuesday nights he's with his girlfriend and Wednesdays he works so we'll see. I wish distraction/busy techniques worked for my 2 year old. Luckily they see the same pedi so they know all of my 2 year olds medical issues and behavior 'quirks'.

We will be celebrating her birthday at the end of the month and our anniversary at some point.

Quoting mandarose:

Aw, i'm sorry. Be thankful he wasn't deployed and is leaving for months :(  You will be fine holding down the house while he is gone. Take something for the kids to do while at the appt. And maybe you guys can celebrate the birthday and aniversary when he gets back?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM
If you found people to support you you are extremely lucky. My husband has been gone since january and it's shown me just how alone in the world I am without him. I have no friends and honestly no means of making any either. My sons first birthday is a few weeks away and I doubt he will be back for it. Its extremely hard but I learn something everyday.

Quoting Balancing:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

AT is in July for us-And you're right-house stays clean for those 2 weeks (hubby finally realized after last 2wk AT -HE (!!!!) is the messy factor.)

Hubby missed our daughter's ast day of school last year... 5 of her birthdays when she was younger. Sorry he won't be home-but make sure you ceebrate when he gets back.

2 weeks goes pretty quick. You'll be fine.

MissElissa21
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Awww! 

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM
My baby is turning 3 on the 2nd!
I hope the 2 weeks go fast for you:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

:( Sorry, I hope it goes good! I hope you find time to craft!

DixieL
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Being alone didn't use to bother me, but now I hate it. Since my son DIL and husband and I all live together there is usually someone home with me lol Sorry he won't be there for your daughters birthday and your anniversary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)