Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Father's Day Gifts?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

I need some ideas for father's day but I have no idea what :/ & this yr my dad is here with us so I'm wanting to give him something since this is the 1st time in 6 yrs that I'm with him... I'm wanting to make them something, but dont know what & I'm not as crafty as I would love to, but I try ;) I cant sew since I'm barely practicing lol... Could u ladies give me some ideas of maybe things you've done for father's day. TIA :)

Mommy of 5 kiddossimple smile

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

http://pinterest.com/pin/81557443222391734/

Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM

INSTRUCTIONSREVIEWS

Supplies

PLAID Supplies
  • FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Medium Gray, 2 oz.
  • Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.

Other Supplies
Wood Circle Plaque
Scissors
Paintbrushes
Hot glue
Newspapers/magazines
Foam plate for products
Recycled men’s tie

Instructions

1. Tie men’s tie into a knot with loop for hanging; set aside.

2. Paint circle with Medium Gray; let dry.

3. Cut desired letters from printed materials.

4. Use Mod Podge to attach letters to plaque; let dry.

5. Apply topcoat of Mod Podge over plaque; let dry.

6. Refer to photo for placement and hot glue back of plaque to tie hanger.

Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results. 

Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product. 

Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.

KaysMom06
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

This is what Im doing for my hubby this year.. My father died before I was born so I have never gotten to make him something. So I dont know if I am much help. But you asked for ideas, so heres mine!

This is the picture I used as a reference. Mine looks different, and I really really wish I had nice handwriting to write the 'Fathers Day' on there, but I dont. So I had to work with my own. lol

mandarose
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

this is so cute.

Quoting KaysMom06:

This is what Im doing for my hubby this year.. My father died before I was born so I have never gotten to make him something. So I dont know if I am much help. But you asked for ideas, so heres mine!

This is the picture I used as a reference. Mine looks different, and I really really wish I had nice handwriting to write the 'Fathers Day' on there, but I dont. So I had to work with my own. lol

mandarose
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

this is what i did. I got the kids' picture taken and then had it made into a 11/14 faux canvas at walmart for 20 bucks.

MeyganCasillas
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

We just made two cards so far. Then the girls will make him something for his office. I would like to take a couple photos of the girls at our park- just trying to time everythign right!

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I'm doing a foot print for each of our 3 kids, each framed in their own frame with a saying in each one- 1) From the bottom of our hearts 2) To the tips of our toes 3) We love you, Daddy.

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This sounds really cute...I might have to copy you

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I'm doing a foot print for each of our 3 kids, each framed in their own frame with a saying in each one- 1) From the bottom of our hearts 2) To the tips of our toes 3) We love you, Daddy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)