Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Does your DH or SO support you in your crafts?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just starting out with my two stores on Etsy(Geektique and BookmommyHS) trying to find my niche.

I showed DH my Breaking Bad word art and all he had was criticism"Is that supposed to look like something? Is that spelled right?" He didn't even say "that's cool"..or something similar. It's been the same with everything else I made so far. I show him and he either doesn't comment or makes some sort of criticism.

Even if you don't like the work, you could support the person making it, right? *sigh*I support HIS hobbies and things he does even if i don't understand them.

Are any of your DH's like this?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Replies (41-46):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM
T will actually go to the store for me or with me to pick out new fabrics or scrounge at thrift stores. :)

Quoting bookmommy:

Wow, even goes to the craft store for you? THAT's a great man right there :-)

Quoting Brieshon:

Aw, bummer!

My hubby is very supportive! He even goes to the post office and craft store for me sometimes, lol! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Trace loves to man my booth at shows! He made two sales during my bathroom break at the last one! Lol

Quoting my4kidsrock2:

I'm sorry. 

My hubby is actually very supportive. He believes in me even when I don't and encourages me to continue to sew and try new things. He even mans our booth at the farmer's market and sells my stuff like no one else can. He's a pretty amazing guy. I don't know where I would be without him, both in my crafts and in my personal life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM

My husband is actually VERY supportive.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Mine goes too-but in part-he knows the aisles pretty well since I previously worked for JoAnn's for 6 years-lol.

But he has no problem if I say "can we run to JoAnn's or Michaels"

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

T will actually go to the store for me or with me to pick out new fabrics or scrounge at thrift stores. :)

Quoting bookmommy:

Wow, even goes to the craft store for you? THAT's a great man right there :-)

Quoting Brieshon:

Aw, bummer!

My hubby is very supportive! He even goes to the post office and craft store for me sometimes, lol! :)

jediGert
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Mine is off and on about the support, he's all for it when he can afford to support my habit and kind of meh about it when he can't because he feels bad that I need stuff and he can't finance it.

Dawn1118
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My hubby is very supportive!  He helps me with ideas and he even cuts wood pieces for me....When he sees other painted stuff he always says "your stuff is better then that" Makes me feel good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN