Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new antique sewing desk!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

A lady in one of my local fb classified groups posted this desk yesterday. It is perfect for my sewing!!! The desk I have now is tiny and a corner desk. My pedal doesn't fit under it. Its a huge hassle!
I told her I'd scrape up the money and grab it this weekend right? Well dh snooped on my fb and saw what I said etc and called me and told me to tell her we'd pick it up tonight!!!!!!!
He's so sweet!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!! I might throw some new paint on it, and find some vintage hardware for the drawers but in in LOVE with this table!
And only $40 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clintam
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM
That's a nice desk! lucky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

i was soooo worried it would get snatched out from under my nose but nope! :D it's all this good karma i've been gathering up for being nice ot my husband ;) lol

Quoting clintam:

That's a nice desk! lucky!

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
It's awesome! I love vintage furniture!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erienne06
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Congratulations on your desk!!!!!  That is a great find and it will serve you well!!!

When I was pregnant with my now almost 19 year old, I wanted a desk.  I had just 40 dollars cash.  My hubby and I went to the flea market and like a magnet I was drawn to an old desk with a small refrigerator sitting on top.

You probably guessed:  It was 40 dollars. (Just like yours!!!)  It was probably an old banker's desk because it has a pull-out table for one of those old-timey typewriters.  My husband re-stained it, and it became my first sewing table.

I will try to get a picture of it and post it later.  It is now a writing desk that is in our big bedroom.

Veronica

parkerkamismom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Suhweet! It'd look awesome sanded an whitewashed with antique handles I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking!! Lol
I thought that or a antique kind of blue with some antique pulls. I have to hunt for pulls now. Lol. If I can find real antique ones that would be awesome!

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Blue would be great too! I have some that we're on my dresser that was passed down from my grandma, they're porcelain with roses. I just need a good piece of furniture for them. I bet you could find some good ones on etsy.

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

That's exactly what I was thinking!! Lol

I thought that or a antique kind of blue with some antique pulls. I have to hunt for pulls now. Lol. If I can find real antique ones that would be awesome!

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I was thrilled to find it and even more thrilled when dh said we could get it! Lol. I would have gotten it anyway but he usually doesn't like stuff like that so I was thinking he'd be upset if I brought it home. He likes NEW stuff. But he said we'd get it! Yippee:-)
I have the one table but its tiny and really doesn't work well for sewing and crafting things.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Congratulations on your desk!!!!!  That is a great find and it will serve you well!!!

When I was pregnant with my now almost 19 year old, I wanted a desk.  I had just 40 dollars cash.  My hubby and I went to the flea market and like a magnet I was drawn to an old desk with a small refrigerator sitting on top.

You probably guessed:  It was 40 dollars. (Just like yours!!!)  It was probably an old banker's desk because it has a pull-out table for one of those old-timey typewriters.  My husband re-stained it, and it became my first sewing table.

I will try to get a picture of it and post it later.  It is now a writing desk that is in our big bedroom.

Veronica

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)