Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

need a quick n simple craft edit

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have fabric but need ideas of some quick sewing crafts that i can stich before saturday, our church country store. Last time i made aprons which took me two days.

I have stiched 2 felt puppets but they took me an hour each. I was thinking about giving them but cant see pricing them over $1 each. The item has to be valued at $10 or above.

I have been crafting, i have cut out 3 reusable sandwitch bags, then moved on to the dvd art case. N of corse cooked supper, in the middle. Finished the dvd art case, it is drying not sure if it is going to work.

Hopefully ill find my camera so i can post photos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
parkerkamismom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Shopping bags?  I don't know, I'm not a sewer, sorry.

3gr8tKids
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I dont sew so im no help.. here is a BUMP!
VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM

1.  How about making square hot pads that smell sweet when you put something hot on them?

What I would do is make the inner pad out of muslin.  You might want to make channels.  Fill the channels with flax seed and different kinds of herbs for each one-lavender, mint, ect.  These things are not very expensive.

Make sure the inner one is sewed very well,

Make cover out of your fabric that can be removed for washing.

2.  Plastic bag holder:  Make a tube that looks like a wind sock with a handle at the top.  Make a casing at the bottom using ribbon or elastic where the bags can come out.

3.  Neck warmers, using the same principle as #1. These can be heated for 30 seconds to one minute in the microwave. When I made these I used muslin and the fabric on top that could be removed for washing.

4.  Sachets tied with ribbon and filled with herbs.

5.  Someone made me a kitchen hanging thing one time using a macrame rope.  They took four little squares,  filled each with spices like cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg...-spaced evenly.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:04 PM
What are you good at making?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM

ooooo I found a tutorial for a car seat pillow! It's more of a long tube and keeps the kid's heads up in the car seat :D

JustShawna
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

make some nice table napkins..or some square coasters...

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Chair cushions, table covers, napkin sets, couch accent cushions? 

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I love to sew, i can crochet, knit, and glue things.

My crochet n knitting is slow. I just made an art case from a dvd case, loads of glue, but looks great.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

What are you good at making?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)