Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever decorate a cell phone case?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

Today the hubs got me a new phone for my birthday. Yay!! Well, we needed to upgrade anyway but I'll happily count it as a gift, lol. Anyway, while we were there we went ahead and bought cases for the new phones. Mine is pink, which is exactly what I wanted. I just feel like it needs a little more and their selection was slim to none. Any thoughts or ideas on how I can spiff this up a little?

Its a two part case and I really only want to decorate the darker pink hard shell. I was kind of thinking glitter but how on earth would I keep it from shedding glitter all over everything? Thanks a bunch in advance!

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

You could find cabochons and flat back crystals and glue them on :) I've seen a few cases done like that.

MissElissa21
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Could you Mod Podge over the glitter? Or mix it together and paint it on? I don't really know, I haven't done one before, but I am sure it can be done and I am a fan of covering anything and everything in glitter ;)

LovingJayMom
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:47 AM
I've put crystals on before in different designs but never glitter!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ellasophia
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM
If you did glitter, you could always spray adhesive over the top
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I buy off of amazon. They're decorated cases for like $3-7 a piece.

But that case, i'd say use tiny "rhinestones"

naynay77
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I just glittered mine today bc it gets dirty and is impossible to clean. I just spread Martha Stewart craft glue on it with a paint brush I bet Mod Podge would work too though), sprinkled the glitter all over it, and then shook and blew off the exces glitter. After it dried I sprayed it with Mod Podge acrylic sealer. It looks great and the glitter isn't coming off or shedding at all.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I think Naynay77 had good advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atmomma
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Thanks so very much ladies! I can't wait to try this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I'd go with flat back crystals in a fun design (in fact, maybe I'll do that with a Mickey head design - my phone is black and red!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danni1982
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I bedazzled the hell out of mine lol with the flat backed crystals. It is so shiney it may blind someone in direct sunlight If you glitter it seal it with the spray varnish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)