Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe
Are you planning a vacation for 2012? Any road trips or day trips planned?

If you are, where to? What activities do you plan to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
We will be doing out mini vacation to Dh's dads in small town Nebraska. It's only 2 1/2 hours away but it's not home so it's nice to get away(this weekend). And in August DH and I are going to Vegas with some friends. I'm super excited to go since I've never been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kilhara
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

We are going camping the weekend after July 4th.  It will be the first time camping for my son who is 16 months old now.  There is a lake with swimming, and we will meet my sister and her daughter (same age as my daughter) and some of our friends.  This past weekend I made ds a sunhat and mended the tent that was torn by a racoon.  Next I am making carriers for our water bottles.

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Yep! I'm working on fixing up some dresses I bought at yard sales, and then making the rest from scratch. She's going to have a princess gown for each day, plus a pirate outfit for the pirate deck party!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

EEK! That is really exciting! Are you making her Disney bows and dresses for the trip?

Quoting Turtledoves:

In September. I'm absolutely crazy over Disney so I'm the most excited out of anyone! I can't wait to introduce Disney to my daughter.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Oh wow! A Disney cruise sounds AWESOME! When are you going?

Quoting Turtledoves:

Yes, finally we'll be vacationing! We're going on a Disney cruise.

Day trips include going to the beach, Thomas's Day Out (riding the trains from Thomas the train stories), Renaissance Faire, and amusement parks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Navy_Wife08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM

we already spent 1 week in ny and were heading back this week until the middle of july. Our next real vacation will be when dh returns from depolyment. Were hoping to go on a disney cruise with another family

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

That is fantastic!!!

Quoting Turtledoves:

Yep! I'm working on fixing up some dresses I bought at yard sales, and then making the rest from scratch. She's going to have a princess gown for each day, plus a pirate outfit for the pirate deck party!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

EEK! That is really exciting! Are you making her Disney bows and dresses for the trip?

Quoting Turtledoves:

In September. I'm absolutely crazy over Disney so I'm the most excited out of anyone! I can't wait to introduce Disney to my daughter.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Oh wow! A Disney cruise sounds AWESOME! When are you going?

Quoting Turtledoves:

Yes, finally we'll be vacationing! We're going on a Disney cruise.

Day trips include going to the beach, Thomas's Day Out (riding the trains from Thomas the train stories), Renaissance Faire, and amusement parks.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

How fun! I have never been camping. O.O

Quoting Kilhara:

We are going camping the weekend after July 4th.  It will be the first time camping for my son who is 16 months old now.  There is a lake with swimming, and we will meet my sister and her daughter (same age as my daughter) and some of our friends.  This past weekend I made ds a sunhat and mended the tent that was torn by a racoon.  Next I am making carriers for our water bottles.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Sometimes it's the small trips that are the best!

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

We will be doing out mini vacation to Dh's dads in small town Nebraska. It's only 2 1/2 hours away but it's not home so it's nice to get away(this weekend). And in August DH and I are going to Vegas with some friends. I'm super excited to go since I've never been.

mkmarcylyn
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

We are going to Ocean City NJ in August. My sis her dh me, my dh and all our crazy kids rent a house for a week. 10 ppl makes it a little crazy but the kids have a blast. It is about 3 1/2 hours south of where I live in NY.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
We're going to the beach in Ocean City, NJ like we do every year. We're also going out to stay with my inlaws for a week or so and we plan on going to Hershey Park.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Quoting mkmarcylyn:

We are going to Ocean City NJ in August. My sis her dh me, my dh and all our crazy kids rent a house for a week. 10 ppl makes it a little crazy but the kids have a blast. It is about 3 1/2 hours south of where I live in NY.

We go to OC every year. We normally go in September when it's just us and the senior citizens, but we have to go earlier this year since my dd will be starting school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN