Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Target practice help.. UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son got a new nerf gun the other day and has been playing with it nonstop. He wanted targets so he has collected a huge amount of empty bottles. I can not stand them in the playroom just laying around everywhere. It's so trashy. I need some ideas on how i can make him some really cool targets. I have all sorts of supplies so all ideas are welcome. Except the one's that involve wood and such. You know, all those things i would send my  husband to do. I have scissors, xacto knife, things like that. Hehe. Suggestions? It can be links, ideas you came up with, anything. I am very open minded.

My son picked five containers for me to paint. I tried to get him to let me put another coat on them but he couldn't wait to play with them any longer. So, this is what we have. He even picked the colors.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

You could spray paint the bottles? I love the idea of reusing them for that. :) Or you could paint card board boxes with targets on them

mandarose
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You could spray paint the bottles? I love the idea of reusing them for that. :) Or you could paint card board boxes with targets on them

that is a good idea. I just asked him how many he has and he said he had thirteen.

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

You could take a posterboard, draw the bullseye picture on there, or the man shadow target? That way he only has that big paper to shoot at.

cbunch123
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM

What about using some fabric and fabric glue and stuffing, you could make target shapes or squares or anything for that matter. 

sew4fun
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I would take pictures and turn the bottles into "Characters " or bad guys by gluing pictures to the bottles. You could also sew ( or use fabric glue) to make little bean bags ( I would do different sizes) and either make faces on them or print out pictures onto iron on paper and iron them on.

mandarose
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Bump for update at top!!!

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Love the colors!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)