Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Tour de Fleece

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

Today is a big day for me.

Today is the first day of the Tour de France and Ravelry hosts a spin-along to go with it called the Tour de Fleece. Every day that the Tour goes on we spin. It runs from June 30 through July 22. It is all done on your own personal goals that you wish to reach which mine are big big big. I want to spin through all of my stash so that I have nothing left at the end of the event. This is what I am starting with. I have a lot to do but I am being given all the time I need to do it in.

This is 100% alpaca

This is also 100% alpaca

Plus I want to literally spin as well. I have been on a weight loss journey and so far have lost 50 lbs ! I have 55 more to go before I can have the surgery to donate my liver to my mom. I am going to get on my actual bicycle every single day during the Tour and cycle at least one mile a day. The more the better of course. If it is yucky outside then I go to the gym and I cycle there. I will do this. I must.

And at the end of all of it Dan said he will buy me anything I want. He will replenish all of my fiber so that I start all new. This is going to be an amazing journey and it all starts today. I am so excited.

In the end I will be thinner, have more yarn, I get to go shopping, and maybe I can finally give my mom the gift she desparately needs. Which means no spinning or knitting for a month or more but eh I will get lots of time afterwards with the bed rest.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Good luck with your goals - both of them! ♥ I am so excited for you, and I LOVE That rainbow fiber!

Jennifair
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Good luck! we re rooting for ya!!! 

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM
That is amazing goals and love it! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Amy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

It is so neat to combine your passions with your goals!!!

This is so wonderful!!!

I am intrigued by the alpaca.  I lived in Bolivia when I was 17 for a year and now own several lovely alpaca items from a second visit there in 1988 and things I have bought in a Craft Gallery from an Alpaca farm about 30 miles from where I live.

The first picture has obviously dyed fleece..  Is the second picture natural fleece?

Also,  what is your source for the fleece? Do you have alpacas on your property?

Veronica

black.eyeliner
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM
They are all dyed fleece. I have many undyed fleeces in my stash. I buy from local farms. I do not have alpacas yet but we are beginning to consider it for the future. I love them.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

This is so wonderful!!!

I am intrigued by the alpaca.  I lived in Bolivia when I was 17 for a year and now own several lovely alpaca items from a second visit there in 1988 and things I have bought in a Craft Gallery from an Alpaca farm about 30 miles from where I live.

The first picture has obviously dyed fleece..  Is the second picture natural fleece?

Also,  what is your source for the fleece? Do you have alpacas on your property?

Veronica

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

How wonderful!!!  You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

MissElissa21
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Yay! You are going to be busy busy! I love it! Have fun!

VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I was fortunate on my second trip in 1988 to see them running in a flock from a train in the Altiplano. They were alpacas or llamas.

I know alpaca is a richer fleece.

Best wishes on all your ventures!!!!!

Veronica

Quoting black.eyeliner:

They are all dyed fleece. I have many undyed fleeces in my stash. I buy from local farms. I do not have alpacas yet but we are beginning to consider it for the future. I love them.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

This is so wonderful!!!

Veronica

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes what she said! :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Good luck with your goals - both of them! ♥ I am so excited for you, and I LOVE That rainbow fiber!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)