Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

3 new dresses!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
  • 32 Replies

This is emmas! 2 others in replies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Emmas and mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM

And mine! There are panels around the center. I put one too many in and was almost done when I realized it, so I puffed the extra panel out and sewed it a littl funky and now its a pocket for my keys or a small water bottle or something lol. Both of mine were made from tank tops I don't wear because they are too short. Add extra fabric and they are a new dress!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Those are too cute! Is there a tutorial for those or did you do that yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Oh yea these took about 1:45 minutes from start to finish (for all 3) with 2 rewound bobbins and ruffling! SCORE! Now to find more tanks since I am officially out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Cute cute cute!

MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I am sure there's a tutorial! I put on the tank and measured to our knees. Then divide by 2 and that's the width of the strips to cut. Then measure around where you want the top of the first tier to sit and multiply by 1.5 and that's the length of your first strip. The second strips length is your first strip times 1.5 again. Hem the 2nd strip then run a ruffling stitch across the top of it and ruffle to the length of the 1st strip. Sew right side to right side and attatch in a circle. Then insert tank top inside skirt and sew right side to right side stretching the tank top to fit inside th ruffle.flip right side out and voila! It sounds complicated, but its really easy!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Those are too cute! Is there a tutorial for those or did you do that yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Thanks!

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

Cute cute cute!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Super cute...

MissElissa21
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Thank you!

Quoting lil_mama06:

Super cute...

powow65
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

that is a GREAT IDEA! kudos hun! if you make more, i think those would sell pretty very nice!  :)

Quoting MissElissa21:

And mine! There are panels around the center. I put one too many in and was almost done when I realized it, so I puffed the extra panel out and sewed it a littl funky and now its a pocket for my keys or a small water bottle or something lol. Both of mine were made from tank tops I don't wear because they are too short. Add extra fabric and they are a new dress!

powow65 Smarter Living 

Corkie- InSide The Kitchen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)