Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need to borrow some creative brain power!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 17 Replies
For my sons 2nd birthday I want to make books as favors for the guests. I would like to make a short story and then leave a slot in the book to add pictures. So each story would be personalized for the child. My sons birthday is in October so I have plenty of time. I was thinking I could do a spin off of Charlie brown's great pumpkin or something Halloween like.

So have any of you ever made a book? Have you seen a book I could use as inspiration?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Oh wow, no. I haven't. But there are lots of paper crafters in the group that can help I bet!

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I sure haven't hun, but I can't wait to see what you make!  what a wonderful idea!  :)

-JC-
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986831739467/

or you can get those little 4x6 photo albums and slip a page in each and then that way they can add pictures and such. 

melisa5862
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

there are a lot of tutorials for book making of several different techniques on "You Tube." Another good sight for that is web site "How To"

I haven't done that yet but that is because I am so busy doing so many other projects. Hope that helps. I use those sites alot to just double check that I am doing it right but I also use alot of the web sites for "Michaels Craft Store" or "Joannes Craft Store" or any crafts store and then go to manufacturing web sites on products they sell. Learned a lot that way.

Have fun!

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Wow... Good luck it sounds like a great idea and it seems like these ladies gave you a few ideas as well :)

melisa5862
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I am sorry, my last reply wasn't supposed to mention anyone else, I didn't mean to break the rules. Very first reply and then they ask me to join the group following the rules after the post.

I would love to join your group. Could you accept my apology for my mistake and allow me to join your group? I know a lot about crafts and love to talk to other wonderfully creative people like yourselves.

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM

No clue..Good luck...

MissElissa21
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

It's an open group, it looks like you are a member now :) Welcome! I didn't see where you broke any rules in your reply. Did CM delete that reply? You can mention other people in here, as long as you are not advertising or causing drama. If you have a business you can talk about it, but there is a fine line between talking about it and advertising it. When you reply to a CM owned group and you aren't a member it will give you a pop up that asks you to join the group and then it will redirect you to the page with the rules and your personal preference for emails and such. It's all good! I'd love to see your crafts :)

Quoting melisa5862:

I am sorry, my last reply wasn't supposed to mention anyone else, I didn't mean to break the rules. Very first reply and then they ask me to join the group following the rules after the post.

I would love to join your group. Could you accept my apology for my mistake and allow me to join your group? I know a lot about crafts and love to talk to other wonderfully creative people like yourselves.

OP-Sorry for hijacking your post ;)

MissElissa21
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I just asked about something similar last night :) There are some great links in the post for different kinds of bindings. I bet if you were to fold the right way you could build the pockets right into the pages.

Anniebel22
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I will look for your post!

Quoting MissElissa21:

I just asked about something similar last night :) There are some great links in the post for different kinds of bindings. I bet if you were to fold the right way you could build the pockets right into the pages.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)