Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OMG THE NERVE OF HER!!!! (OT, venting here cause you guys understand me better, a bit long)

As most of you know, we're in the process of packing and moving. FIL has given us a few things that there are two of in the house, and what we're getting it generally the better of the two.

Mixed in that stuff is a fairly new knife block. It's got 16 knives, half of which are steak knives, and a knife sharpening tool. It's better quality than MIL's knife block, which has less knives and looks horrendous.

Before I left the house, I caught MIL examining a small cheese cutting knife. I gently took it from her and told her that it went with our knife block.

Her: "But I like that knife."

Me: "F, it goes with our knife block. You can go buy one at Walmart if you want one bad enough."

Her: "Oh, okay."

I got home about 7:30 and what do I see? The narcissistic bitch (excuse my language) has taken the knives from OUR knife block that she wanted and tried to pass one of HER knives off as ours! Like I wouldn't notice the difference!

I can't believe it! She actually had the nerve to steal from her own son! I knew she was toxic, but I didn't think she was that bad! Now I'll have to explain to hubby why our knife block is in our room when it should be in the kitchen! I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt and invite her to our apartment, but now I can't trust her with ANYTHING!!!!

ok, vent over.

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Replies (11-13):
Artladydp
by Debby on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Oh honey, I hear you!  I could never live with my MIL.  I am her number one enemy.  It's true.  The voices tell her so!  She's schizophrenic.  So, she has an excuse.  She buys tons of things on sale and clearance.  She gives me all the broken ones!  It won't get any better.  You can't change her.  You just have to find a way to deal with it.

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM

wow!!  Because of JR's condition he lived at home...well lets just say for a LONG time.  So his mother was weird attached to him and when we got together and was moving off of the farm to our own apartment she tried everything to stop us!  what??  she was so upset that he moved down the DRIVEWAY (we had a trailer on the property).  **eye roll**  They told us we could have all this scrap metal to sell for money and then at the last min. she changed her mind and told us we couldn't have a yard sale to save up for the move.  And  now I'm a horrible woman because I took her son away from her and moved into town.  It's so stupid.  I feel ya on crazy MIL.

DaiTilley
by Dai on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I'm so sorry hun =(
Hopefully it'll get easier to have a little bit of a relationship with her once you guys are out of there... Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or at least less annoyed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)