Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am sooooo excited! I just...

Posted by   + Show Post
...ordered my first sewing machine ever!! I got a great deal from the research I have done and according to reviews, it's an awesome machine, especially for beginners!!! I got a Brother XL2600i 25 stitch free-arm sewing machine for $75($85 with tax and shipping). I can't wait to get it!!!!
Does anyone have the same machine? Have any tips??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM

As far as tips go, buy a seam ripper. Be prepared to mess up. Take your time. Have fun! :) Try simple projects like sewing two pieces of fabric together with a 1/4 inch seam allowance for a few hours BEFORE you try to tackle a real project

jazi1105
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Thanks! I plan to practice on some more receiving blankets before I break into the fabric. Granted all of my fabric was only a buck, but the prices are going back up after today so I have to be careful. I have never used a machine before, so I'm nervous lol I tried my mil's dinosaur of a machine a few years back and that sucker just tore things to shreds(it's a Kenmore and it's like 35 years old or so. Lol). That one died recently, so hopefully this one is nicer to me. Lol

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

As far as tips go, buy a seam ripper. Be prepared to mess up. Take your time. Have fun! :) Try simple projects like sewing two pieces of fabric together with a 1/4 inch seam allowance for a few hours BEFORE you try to tackle a real project

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)