Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Getting ready for winter!

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Replies (11-18):
MIA0223
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Thanks!
The one good thing about being on bed rest is I have plenty of time to crochet.
DD is going to be set for winter and this baby is coming in January so it will have its winter wardrobe done too! As soon as I find out the gender (going the 22nd!) I plan to stop by Walmart and buy plenty of yarn in pink or blue after my sonogram!!! Lol!

Quoting MissElissa21:

Pretty! I want to crochet something right now lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

love the hat! it looks like your daughter does too :) 

SamKlug
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Thank you very much I appreciate it!  For the hat itself did you use two seperate colors or was that one of those two in one skeins?

Quoting MIA0223:

Aww! This is all my sisters favorites too. I am using up the left overs from her house warming gift I made her. Lol!

I don't usually follow patterns, all free hand.
I chained 5, slip stitched it close and then did a chain 3, and then bunch of double crotchets through the loop and slip stitched it through the top of the chain 3 and just kept double crocheting around, adding 2 double crochet in each previous hook every few stitches to give it shape until I got it rounded enough to just do one double crochet in each until it was long enough.

The flower I did do a tutorial though. I will see of I can find it and post it.
Same starting out though.
Chain 5, slip stitch together. Chain 3, double crochet 9 in the loop, slip stitch it to the chain 3.
Then chain 2, double crochet 3 in the next stitch, chain 2 and slip stitch that in to the next, chain 2 again, double crochet 3 in the next stitch again, chain 2, slip stitch in to the next, you get the idea! Lol!

I will go look up that tutorial and post it!

Quoting SamKlug:

As soon as my daughter saw this, she said "Mom!  It's a zebra hat!  And it has my favorite color flower!  You have to make me one!  You know zebra's are my favorite and I love pink!"  Lol.  Mind you she is only 5.  Do you happen to have the pattern?  If not that's ok.

BTW it looks great!

Moki75
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

cool.  I have just started making a few hats because I have a bunch of scrap yarn and the hats are the perfect size to use them up

MommaJesi
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Cute

MIA0223
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM
2 colors on one skein.

Quoting SamKlug:

Thank you very much I appreciate it!  For the hat itself did you use two seperate colors or was that one of those two in one skeins?

Quoting MIA0223:

Aww! This is all my sisters favorites too. I am using up the left overs from her house warming gift I made her. Lol!

I don't usually follow patterns, all free hand.

I chained 5, slip stitched it close and then did a chain 3, and then bunch of double crotchets through the loop and slip stitched it through the top of the chain 3 and just kept double crocheting around, adding 2 double crochet in each previous hook every few stitches to give it shape until I got it rounded enough to just do one double crochet in each until it was long enough.

The flower I did do a tutorial though. I will see of I can find it and post it.

Same starting out though.

Chain 5, slip stitch together. Chain 3, double crochet 9 in the loop, slip stitch it to the chain 3.

Then chain 2, double crochet 3 in the next stitch, chain 2 and slip stitch that in to the next, chain 2 again, double crochet 3 in the next stitch again, chain 2, slip stitch in to the next, you get the idea! Lol!

I will go look up that tutorial and post it!

Quoting SamKlug:

As soon as my daughter saw this, she said "Mom!  It's a zebra hat!  And it has my favorite color flower!  You have to make me one!  You know zebra's are my favorite and I love pink!"  Lol.  Mind you she is only 5.  Do you happen to have the pattern?  If not that's ok.

BTW it looks great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Thanks.
I surprised her, she thought I was making something else for my sister, lol.
Nope! If was for her!

Quoting jryberg:

love the hat! it looks like your daughter does too :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Cute! She is super adorable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)