Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

If you were building your dream craft room...

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • 29 Replies

What would be a must-have?

I'm talking built-ins, storage, surfaces, etc.

I'm getting started on mine and need some ideas. I do any kind of crafting I can get my hands on!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'm actually very happy with the craft room I have now! :)

Cheryl_M
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

So what do you have in there that you can't live without? :-)

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

My big work table!! Love that thing, I have can multiple bead boxes open and ready for me to use!

although if I got a better chair, I would not complain :)

Quoting Cheryl_M:

Quoting melliburger:

Cheryl_M
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Big table...Check!

Thanks! :-)

Quoting melliburger:

My big work table!! Love that thing, I have can multiple bead boxes open and ready for me to use!

although if I got a better chair, I would not complain :)

Quoting Cheryl_M:

Quoting melliburger:

babynurse454
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Im very happy with my craft room, I have built in floor to ceiling shelves, 6 ft craft table, one wall is a stamp holder my brother put in for me. DH made a cart to hold all of my machines, he took the closet doors off and added more shelves in it, . I have paper holder's and everything is pretty good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy112761
by Kathy on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I wish I could have a craft room but we have any rooms for it right now....but hopefully someday soon, I'll get it. And when I do my must halfs will be a big table and lots of storage, and also a nice mounted tv. Right now that's all I can think of, once it is able to happen I'm sure I will have lots of other ideas....good luck putting yours together.

cowgirls10181
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Extra fold down table, organized storage, kiid craft area, plenty of storage. An area for finished craft photos, and maybe area for family pictures too, can be a simple fabric covered area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Im also building mine, I have cabinets and extra counter coming but wont bee here for two weeks so just have to deal with some shelves and bins right now. Have big table and mounted tv. Just need my kiln
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I know for a fact I want dark blue/green walls covered in glitter :)

I would want a table for each machine and their own storage on the wall behind, and under. 

Here is a pic of my area currently, it's small, but it's functional for now.

It's mostly empty at the moment (just got new carpet), but this is what it usually looks like underneath:

I LOVE my pegboard. It holds my ribbon (all the way at the top, the pic cut it off. It holds my albums in progress, velcro, elastic, and snaps in hanging bags (repurposed from sheet sets for the kids), and my measuring tape and book marks. It's seriously awesome!

The basket on the left wall is great for scissors and rotary cutters and even has a shelf for my mat. 

The box on the left wall has buttons in the little containers, and my hot glue gun stuff and gem beading things are in the drawers.

Under is a cube that it wonderful! It has ric rack, ribbon pieces, new needles, pin backings, and so many things. There is 20ish small squares that you can sort any little things you have in the drawer and shelves on top.

My ramen boxes are covered in scrap paper and they sort my unfinished projects. 

The tub is fabric, I am working on a new idea for storing it, the bucket is BURSTING!

cpflum08
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM
At this point I would be happy with anything more than half a wall in my bed room:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)