Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Pink Ranger Project *update: 10.7.*

Okay ladies. I'm about to make my 1st Halloween costume.

Maeve is going to be the Pink Ranger for Halloween. Since I'm making the costume entirely myself, patterns and everything, I thought it might be fun to do a little follow- along post.

I'll put updates here, day by day as I accomplish a part of the project. 

Wish me luck!

Day 1: Fabric Purchased.

First time making my own pattern. I took a pair of her jeans that fit her and just made the leg a little skinnier since these are supposed to fit pretty tightly on her. 

Didn't turn out all that bad.

So far so good!

Ta-da! Power Ranger Pants!

Since a skirt piece goes over top of this, you won't be able to see all the schrunchyness from the elastic. If you could see it, I would have used a flat front pants pattern instead.

I added elastic in the ankles so that they will stay tucked down and tight. I wanted to buy leotard type material, but at $15/yd, it would have been cheaper to buy the costume premade. So I opted with flannel. It will keep her warm, but I had to make some improvises. 

Update 10.7

I have been working on this little by little for the past couple days. I just got a new job and DD was so sick she was in the hospital, so I really haven't had much time to sew. are some updated pictures!

front of top

back of top

boot and wrist cuffs. I'm not the best painter in the world and I should have used a stencil. Oh well.

Outfit is finally coming together. Err...yes, the shirt looks a little big. I needed it bigger so I could put a couple layers underneath. :)

I also have to redo the skirt, I made it without measuring her and I made it too small. Figures. I didn't take into account for her butt. lol. So I'll be trying to make the skirt again tonight.

Here she is trying on her top. This was before I put the elastic in the bottom, hemmed the sleves and adjusting the closure in the back.

Here is her trick or treat bag. :) A mom in a fabric group on facebook sent me the cut outs. :) She also sent me the logo that goes on the belt. I have yet to make the belt, so when I do I'll have the "medal" for the buckle too

I bought her white shoes today to go with the costume (she needed shoes anyway) and I still need to find white gloves or mittens, or something. lol. 

I'll update again soon!!

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My boys would be so jealous. They are both big into the power rangers right now. Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it finished and on her. :)

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM

bump for an update

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Awesome update!

by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You are so freaking awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN