Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

The Pink Ranger Project *update: 10.7.*

Okay ladies. I'm about to make my 1st Halloween costume.

Maeve is going to be the Pink Ranger for Halloween. Since I'm making the costume entirely myself, patterns and everything, I thought it might be fun to do a little follow- along post.

I'll put updates here, day by day as I accomplish a part of the project. 

Wish me luck!

sewing

Day 1: Fabric Purchased.

First time making my own pattern. I took a pair of her jeans that fit her and just made the leg a little skinnier since these are supposed to fit pretty tightly on her. 

Didn't turn out all that bad.

So far so good!

Ta-da! Power Ranger Pants!

Since a skirt piece goes over top of this, you won't be able to see all the schrunchyness from the elastic. If you could see it, I would have used a flat front pants pattern instead.

I added elastic in the ankles so that they will stay tucked down and tight. I wanted to buy leotard type material, but at $15/yd, it would have been cheaper to buy the costume premade. So I opted with flannel. It will keep her warm, but I had to make some improvises. 

Update 10.7

I have been working on this little by little for the past couple days. I just got a new job and DD was so sick she was in the hospital, so I really haven't had much time to sew.

Anyway...here are some updated pictures!

front of top

back of top

boot and wrist cuffs. I'm not the best painter in the world and I should have used a stencil. Oh well.

Outfit is finally coming together. Err...yes, the shirt looks a little big. I needed it bigger so I could put a couple layers underneath. :)

I also have to redo the skirt, I made it without measuring her and I made it too small. Figures. I didn't take into account for her butt. lol. So I'll be trying to make the skirt again tonight.

Here she is trying on her top. This was before I put the elastic in the bottom, hemmed the sleves and adjusting the closure in the back.

Here is her trick or treat bag. :) A mom in a fabric group on facebook sent me the cut outs. :) She also sent me the logo that goes on the belt. I have yet to make the belt, so when I do I'll have the "medal" for the buckle too

I bought her white shoes today to go with the costume (she needed shoes anyway) and I still need to find white gloves or mittens, or something. lol. 

I'll update again soon!!

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
LadyLuxy
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My boys would be so jealous. They are both big into the power rangers right now. Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it finished and on her. :)

littlemonaghan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM

bump for an update

:)

RutterMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Awesome update!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You are so freaking awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN