Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Happy Saturday! How are you? Are you going to craft today?

Let's try to get 100 replies to this post today! Tell us all about your day! Chat with others, see what everyone is up to!

How are ya doing today?

How's the weather?

What are you up to? Cooking a big Saturday dinner tonight? Reading? Shopping? Swimming?

Are you crafting? Is so what are you making? Feel free to post pictures!

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (51-58):
angelbr
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
it rained this morning but it finally warmed up to 80! Helped set up for our car show at work that is tomorrow. it is a fundraiser for alzheimers association.. I will also have a scentsy booth set up, am making signs for that. Getting ready to go grocery shopping right now. Got some more sizes of crochet hooks too so will play around with that this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agriffin3
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I need to finish a door wreath I've started.  And evidently I'm an idiot according to my husband.  LOL  I had bought some paint to redo a kids table and chairs for my daughter but the old paint keeps bleeding through so we had to make another trip to Home Depot to get sanding stuff and primer.  So that's another project that I have to restart.

April G

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

It rained here today, and we super needed it!

Good luck with the show tomorrow!

Quoting angelbr:

it rained this morning but it finally warmed up to 80! Helped set up for our car show at work that is tomorrow. it is a fundraiser for alzheimers association.. I will also have a scentsy booth set up, am making signs for that. Getting ready to go grocery shopping right now. Got some more sizes of crochet hooks too so will play around with that this week.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Bah, that stinks that you have to start over! Boooo!

Quoting agriffin3:

I need to finish a door wreath I've started.  And evidently I'm an idiot according to my husband.  LOL  I had bought some paint to redo a kids table and chairs for my daughter but the old paint keeps bleeding through so we had to make another trip to Home Depot to get sanding stuff and primer.  So that's another project that I have to restart.

April G

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Light blue, mint green, and I am using a blue, green, and white variegated(sp?) to put the squares together and put on a scalloped edge.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

What colors are you doing?

Quoting calebsmommy05:

Crocheting granny squares for a baby afghan.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy112761
by Kathy on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I did finish them just a few minutes ago, here they are....

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Did you get all of your painting finished?

Quoting Kathy112761:

Hey everyone,

Happy Saturday!! Not much going on here, as usual, DH works every weekend plus it's midnights so he's either sleeping eating or getting ready for work when he's up during the day. But that's ok we make the most of his days off together.

So I'm gettting some more painting done this afternoon working on making magnets for nieces and nephew for Halloween, I have 3 finished one left to go, I'll post picks of them later tonight after I finish them all.

I've recorded a couple Hallmark movies this afternoon so I may watch those tonight while I get some embroidery done, working on another table runner. 

The weather is pretty out today it's a nice 78 right now, feels good to be able to have the windows all open and give the air a break.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Thanks! I was able to get a large chunk of it done today. Got all the strips pieced together for the front and back. Hoping to finish it tomorrow by sewing it all together and adding the straps! :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Good luck! Hope you are able to get it done!

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I have no definite plans today...hoping again to sew my friend's car seat cover, but will have to see how it goes! :)

Crystal2985
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM

The tempature is finally tolerable. Gonna try making homemade spaghetti sauce with tomatoes the family gave us....since I didn't have time for a garden this year. Also cleaning some slate pieces and gonna paint some welcome signs or cute sayings. Also working on some recipe cards. I have so many magazines with good recipes, need to sort through them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN