Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone stole from me :(

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 35 Replies
I realized a package I ordered was delivered yesterday but since I had already checked the mail I immediately became worried. I got my husband out of bed at 10:30 and we went across The street to the mailbox. Nothing was in it. We for flash lights and walked up and down the road. We found an empty priority mail envelope with my name on it. They took what was inside. $40 worth of fabric. Ugh. So someone is stealing my mail, Brave enough to open it a couple houses down and throw the trash out by the road, and to top it all of they stole fabric! Ugh. I'm so upset. What a waste of money and violation of privacy. I wonder what else has gone missing that I don't know about.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am going to reorder all the fabric today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Heids on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this

Contact the company you ordered from and USPS and file reports...You shouldn't be billed for a replacement.

babynurse454
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Call the police ASAP! Im sorry this happened to you. We live in the country and our mailbox is always getting vandalized, we got a post office box, they can have all my junk mail now out of our house mail box:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM
It's a fabric seller on etsy. I know it isn't her fault. She did offer me a 10% discount if I reordered.

I am going to call the post office and police to let them know it's happening here.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Contact the company you ordered from and USPS and file reports...You shouldn't be billed for a replacement.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deeredone2
by Deedra on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I'm sorry that happened.

"I ♥ my Marine"

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM

OH NO!! Definitely email the company and also call the USPS - you can set it up so they don't leave packages at your mailbox but at your door, and also to not leave them when you aren't home.Also call the police.

roxxyt
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM
That sucks, I hope the police can help, I'd be po'ed if i couldn't trust my neighbors and someone did that to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Wow that's awful! I know how you feel. My landlord stole a package once from me. (He was a vindictive disgusting a** who wanted something from me he wasn't getting so this was his "payback") I didn't even know he had it for months. It was a set of aprons my grandmother made for me and my daughter. I moved very shortly after. Its heartbreaking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbr
by Melissa on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

i agree! 

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

OH NO!! Definitely email the company and also call the USPS - you can set it up so they don't leave packages at your mailbox but at your door, and also to not leave them when you aren't home.Also call the police.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
That sucks I'm sorry :(. I agree with Cody and let them know to leave a note if you're not home saying your package is at the USPS. I would get security cameras and find out who's stealing so the police know.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom121812
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Call cops thats illigal. I hope it works out and sorry that happened to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)