Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite craft project?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave a couple of moms the opportunity to host a Stampin' Up! party for a group of their friends. Check out some of these great photos and quotes from the parties.

flowerfunleah says: I hope you can see the lovely embossed results on my red paper there! The design was super super pretty and I was so proud of myself aftewards lol. The stamps were so pretty! If you look closely we used two different colors of yellow ink, a mustard yellow and then a brighter yellow on top of that to create that cool effect. Annnd you'll see a silver heart on there. Thanks so much cafemom for giving me this opportunity, my guests and I had a great time and I'm sure we'll be using Stampin' Up in the future!

CStech says:
We made these really cute and EASY place card holders made with clothes pins (I think I might use mine to hold a picture and put it on my desk).
It was a wonderful time!  I am addicted to Stampin' Up stamps because they have a punch to match a majority of their stamps!!!  I filled up a whole order sheet of items!  YIKES!!!  Thank you Stampin' Up for letting me host a party and thank you to CafeMom who chose me to be a host.  It was a pleasure and guess what?  I CAN make an invite like the one I sent out after this party! 

critter_boo says: We also used their awesome stamp pads. They were so easy to use and you didn't have to press hard. They stamped beautifully .

What's your favorite craft project?

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Replies (121-130):
happydays62
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hi there ladies ;  I wish that I knew where to get a  stampin up book at .  I haven't to a rubber stamp party for a very ,very long time .  I didn't even know if they even still have them arond any more.

supermeof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

How fun!!! :)

VickyHutchinson
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I envy you girls, I haven't gone to a nice party since high school ... :)

CStech
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi there!  I had my Stampin' Up party on September 21st and had a wonderful turnout!  Here is a pic of all the girls (minus 3 - myself, who was taking the pic and 2 who showed up a little later).

My host was Glenda Travelstead, who is first of all, a riot!  I knew we would hit it off right away when she told me on the phone that her motto is, "If it's not fun, you're doing it wrong."  Here is a pic of she and I:

The invites that Stampin' Up provided were adorable.  My friends graciously thought that I actually made them.  I should have kept quiet and let them believe that I could make something like this:

I had slaved over a fruit tray and a veggie tray:

Chick-fil-A nuggets (I don't care who you choose to love, but I choose to love me some nuggets!):

We had yummy desserts made by my MIL and a close friend - SMORES rice crispy treats! What?!?!

One of my closest friends actually works for CafeMom.  So, here are Christen and Glenda talking business:

We used our dining room table for those who wanted to craft and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

After we snacked and chatted, Glenda got down to business.  Like I said before, she is a riot.  It did not feel like a sales pitch at all, it felt like I was crafting with all of my closest friends!  She showed us what we were going to make and explained all of Stampin' Up's tools and fun stuff. 

This is the kit that Glenda handed out to everyone.  It had everything you needed in it to make the card that she showed us and we used all of Stampin' Up's tools, stamps and paper.

Some of the girls think they are not very "crafty", well let me show you this card made by my supposedly "non-crafty" girlfriend!

Looks adorable to me!!!  We also made these really cute and EASY place card holders made with clothes pins (I think I might use mine to hold a picture and put it on my desk):

Here are a couple more pictures of the ladies crafting:

I love my girlfriends!  It was such a fun night and everyone said they had a great time!

For being a host Glenda gave me these adorable cards!

It was a wonderful time!  I am addicted to Stampin' Up stamps because they have a punch to match a majority of their stamps!!!  I filled up a whole order sheet of items!  YIKES!!!  Thank you Stampin' Up for letting me host a party and thank you to CafeMom who chose me to be a host.  It was a pleasure and guess what?  I CAN make an invite like the one I sent out after this party!  Thank you!

EmilyQuestions
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

BUMP!

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Great party! I LOVE the butterfly cards!

Quoting CStech:

Hi there!  I had my Stampin' Up party on September 21st and had a wonderful turnout!  Here is a pic of all the girls (minus 3 - myself, who was taking the pic and 2 who showed up a little later).

My host was Glenda Travelstead, who is first of all, a riot!  I knew we would hit it off right away when she told me on the phone that her motto is, "If it's not fun, you're doing it wrong."  Here is a pic of she and I:

The invites that Stampin' Up provided were adorable.  My friends graciously thought that I actually made them.  I should have kept quiet and let them believe that I could make something like this:

I had slaved over a fruit tray and a veggie tray:

Chick-fil-A nuggets (I don't care who you choose to love, but I choose to love me some nuggets!):

We had yummy desserts made by my MIL and a close friend - SMORES rice crispy treats! What?!?!

One of my closest friends actually works for CafeMom.  So, here are Christen and Glenda talking business:

We used our dining room table for those who wanted to craft and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

After we snacked and chatted, Glenda got down to business.  Like I said before, she is a riot.  It did not feel like a sales pitch at all, it felt like I was crafting with all of my closest friends!  She showed us what we were going to make and explained all of Stampin' Up's tools and fun stuff. 

This is the kit that Glenda handed out to everyone.  It had everything you needed in it to make the card that she showed us and we used all of Stampin' Up's tools, stamps and paper.

Some of the girls think they are not very "crafty", well let me show you this card made by my supposedly "non-crafty" girlfriend!

Looks adorable to me!!!  We also made these really cute and EASY place card holders made with clothes pins (I think I might use mine to hold a picture and put it on my desk):

Here are a couple more pictures of the ladies crafting:

I love my girlfriends!  It was such a fun night and everyone said they had a great time!

For being a host Glenda gave me these adorable cards!

It was a wonderful time!  I am addicted to Stampin' Up stamps because they have a punch to match a majority of their stamps!!!  I filled up a whole order sheet of items!  YIKES!!!  Thank you Stampin' Up for letting me host a party and thank you to CafeMom who chose me to be a host.  It was a pleasure and guess what?  I CAN make an invite like the one I sent out after this party!  Thank you!

happydays62
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Hi there Cafemoms Team ; I really like homemade card  it is very nice .   I would the dircetions to making this and  I know that my two daughters will really like them too.  REALLY NICE  ,  great job done.

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I have some extra books! If you like you can pm me and I'll send one to you.

Quoting happydays62:

Hi there ladies ;  I wish that I knew where to get a  stampin up book at .  I haven't to a rubber stamp party for a very ,very long time .  I didn't even know if they even still have them arond any more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happydays62
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Hi  there flowerfunleah; Yes , I would really love to have a stampin up book . Here is my home address:

Vida(Sue) Lindner  at 1988 Beauty Ave. Cogan Station , Pa. 17728.   ( I cann't wait  to here from you soon.)

kerryket
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Nice, looks like fun:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)