Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What's your favorite craft project?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 137 Replies
8 moms liked this

We gave a couple of moms the opportunity to host a Stampin' Up! party for a group of their friends. Check out some of these great photos and quotes from the parties.

flowerfunleah says: I hope you can see the lovely embossed results on my red paper there! The design was super super pretty and I was so proud of myself aftewards lol. The stamps were so pretty! If you look closely we used two different colors of yellow ink, a mustard yellow and then a brighter yellow on top of that to create that cool effect. Annnd you'll see a silver heart on there. Thanks so much cafemom for giving me this opportunity, my guests and I had a great time and I'm sure we'll be using Stampin' Up in the future!

CStech says:
We made these really cute and EASY place card holders made with clothes pins (I think I might use mine to hold a picture and put it on my desk).
It was a wonderful time!  I am addicted to Stampin' Up stamps because they have a punch to match a majority of their stamps!!!  I filled up a whole order sheet of items!  YIKES!!!  Thank you Stampin' Up for letting me host a party and thank you to CafeMom who chose me to be a host.  It was a pleasure and guess what?  I CAN make an invite like the one I sent out after this party! 

critter_boo says: We also used their awesome stamp pads. They were so easy to use and you didn't have to press hard. They stamped beautifully .

What's your favorite craft project?

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Sarah . I got picked to do this party and I'm super excited . My party is on the 8th and I can't wait. I wanted to do this party so bad. I love crafting and am even writing a crafting book. I have a whole section in my basement for all my scrapbooking, card making, and crafting. I try and use my crafting area at least once a week as it's my me time and occasionally I take a class outside my home. My demonstrator is really. Nice and friendly and  we have had several conversations on planning this. A lot of my friends are teachers so we discussed doing a project and card maybe that will be good for them. What project we are doing though is a surprise. Yay, I'm so excited . I will be serving up some snacks and some great push up cake pops. I'm so excited can't wait till Saturday.

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM
6 moms liked this

Hi Everyone! My name is Leah and I was picked to host a Stampin' Up party in my hometown of Colorado Springs, CO.I couldn't be more excited!  I'm a married stay-at-home momma to a beautiful one year old girl, Claire Elanor, and fantastic husband, James.

One of my treasured not-so-much secrets is that I'm a closet party planner, I love choosing locations, setting up, menu planning, and carrying out parties. It's not a hobby that I get to indulge in very often so I was pretty gosh darn excited when cafemom messaged to ask me to host a Stampin' Up party for them!

I'm the geek crafter. Most of what I like to craft has anything to do with Doctor Who, Harry Potter, or Sherlock (did I also mention that I was supposed to be british? lol they have all the best tv shows) but I'll break away from my geek when it comes to things like crafting for parties or baby showers. I l-o-v-e to make diaper cakes and relish the chance whenever a good friend (or friend of a friend needs one) is having a baby. If only I could make party planning a career then I'd be all set!

I was lucky enough to be paired up with Jen Jacobsen from Stampin' Up when it comes to planning this party. A bunch of my friends are crafters and so this was a party that was right up their alley, I started inviting them the moment I found out I was chosen for this Influencer! Jen and I have been in communications and have decided that September 15th was a great day for party!

Stampin' up sent me in the invites (SO cute!) to send to my friends, check 'em out!:

And cafemom generously provided a gift card for all the food and decorations! I'll keep you all in suspense as to what the party will look like, what we're doing (it's a surprise!), and the menu (*hint hint* drool worthy! lol) but it's guaranteed to be a fun and smashing bash full of creative genius!

CStech
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi all!  My name is Christina and I was luckily picked to host a Stampin' Up party at the end of this month!  My husband and I live in Illinois with our 2 beautiful children.

I'm SO excited for this party because I am a scrapbook hoarder.shouting  I could own a store with all of the scrapbook embellishments, paper and tools that I own.  Luckily I have a little office in our basement that I call my own.  I'm also excited about this party, because I'm REALLY starting to get creative with stamps and when my rep from Stampin' Up sent the magazine, I got giddy from all the cool things you can do!!!!

It will be a fabulous party with a ton of my friends, good food and amazing crafts.  It's a surprise what we're doing but I'll make sure I post pics! 

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds fun!

KaylaMillar
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
How cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Fun!

ceciliam
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Lucky! Sounds like a lot of fun!

I like to work with felt:)

goddess99
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Sounds like fun!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Sounds fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Have fun ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN