Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Finished the afghan with a light grey stripe! I love it :) I decided to make another one but in different colors for another friends baby because this one turned out so good. 

It's really hard to tell the size in the picture but it's three feet square. lol

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Replies (21-23):
-JC-
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Giant Granny Afghan

by

Liz Lafferty, French Vanilla Patterns

© 2008 by Liz Lafferty

(Feel free to copy & share this pattern, provided this copyright notice is left intact)

Materials: Red Heart Super Saver worsted weight yarn - 2 skeins "Burgundy", 2 skeins "Gold"

Size "K" (6.5 mm) crochet hook

Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.

Abbreviations: Beg – Beginning

Ch - Chain

Dc – Double Crochet

Sl st – Slip Stitch

To make: Ch 5, sl st in 6th ch from hook to form a ring.

Note: Beginning chain 3 counts as first double crochet throughout pattern.

Round 1: ch 3, 2 dc, in ring, *ch 2, 3 dc in ring. Rep from * 2 more times. End with ch 2, join in top of

beg ch 3.

Round 2: sl st to first ch 2 sp, (ch 3, 2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in same sp, *ch 1, (3dc, ch 2, 3dc) in next ch 2

sp. Rep from * 2 more times. End with ch1, join in top of beg ch 3.

Rounds 3-Whatever: sl st to first corner, (ch 3, 2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in same corner, *ch1, 3dc in each

ch 1 sp to corner, ch 1, in corner work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc). Rep from * around, end ch 1, join in top of

beg ch 3. The afghan in the photo is about 50” square. When it's the size you want, fasten off. That's

all there is to it! I changed colors every 4 rnds, but you can do it as often as you wish.

To change color: Fasten off old color, weave in end. (You can weave in ALL your ends when you

finish if you wish, but I hate weaving in all those ends at once, so I do it as I go!) Attach new color in

any corner and work beg corner as follows: Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2 3 dc all in same corner. Then proceed as

with Round 3.

As you can see, I changed color every round but hers had a block stripe thing going on in gold and red. I'm probably going to do it more like hers next time. 

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Great!! Thank you!!

Quoting -JC-:

Definitely! I'll post it when I'm not mobile :)

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Do you have a pattern you can share? good

Quoting -JC-:

Actually it was crazy easy. And took about five hours or less

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Wow! that looks like it would be hard and take a little while.

sammygrl77
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VincyntsMommie
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Thank you so much! I copied and saved it so I can use it later. :)

That is just great!! =D

Quoting -JC-:

Giant Granny Afghan

by

Liz Lafferty, French Vanilla Patterns

© 2008 by Liz Lafferty

(Feel free to copy & share this pattern, provided this copyright notice is left intact)

Materials: Red Heart Super Saver worsted weight yarn - 2 skeins "Burgundy", 2 skeins "Gold"

Size "K" (6.5 mm) crochet hook

Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.

Abbreviations: Beg – Beginning

Ch - Chain

Dc – Double Crochet

Sl st – Slip Stitch

To make: Ch 5, sl st in 6th ch from hook to form a ring.

Note: Beginning chain 3 counts as first double crochet throughout pattern.

Round 1: ch 3, 2 dc, in ring, *ch 2, 3 dc in ring. Rep from * 2 more times. End with ch 2, join in top of

beg ch 3.

Round 2: sl st to first ch 2 sp, (ch 3, 2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in same sp, *ch 1, (3dc, ch 2, 3dc) in next ch 2

sp. Rep from * 2 more times. End with ch1, join in top of beg ch 3.

Rounds 3-Whatever: sl st to first corner, (ch 3, 2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in same corner, *ch1, 3dc in each

ch 1 sp to corner, ch 1, in corner work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc). Rep from * around, end ch 1, join in top of

beg ch 3. The afghan in the photo is about 50” square. When it's the size you want, fasten off. That's

all there is to it! I changed colors every 4 rnds, but you can do it as often as you wish.

To change color: Fasten off old color, weave in end. (You can weave in ALL your ends when you

finish if you wish, but I hate weaving in all those ends at once, so I do it as I go!) Attach new color in

any corner and work beg corner as follows: Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2 3 dc all in same corner. Then proceed as

with Round 3.

As you can see, I changed color every round but hers had a block stripe thing going on in gold and red. I'm probably going to do it more like hers next time. 

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Great!! Thank you!!

Quoting -JC-:

Definitely! I'll post it when I'm not mobile :)

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Do you have a pattern you can share? good

Quoting -JC-:

Actually it was crazy easy. And took about five hours or less

Quoting VincyntsMommie:

Wow! that looks like it would be hard and take a little while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN