Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

tax exempts????? please read...

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
My fils gf told me i had to have a tax exemption if i wanted to open a business with a fb page and all...do you business ladies have one do i really have to have one???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sreichelt26
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Only churches and non-profits can be tax exempt. She probably meant a tax id number, but she's still wrong. You can operate that type of business (sole-proprieter) off of your social security number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JC-
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Exactly right.

Quoting sreichelt26:

Only churches and non-profits can be tax exempt. She probably meant a tax id number, but she's still wrong. You can operate that type of business (sole-proprieter) off of your social security number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamKlug
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I never knew that!  I'll have to keep that in mind!  Thanks ladies!

Quoting -JC-:

Exactly right.

Quoting sreichelt26:

jaimier012
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM
What do you mean ss # please explain more ...sorry for the questions i just dont wanna get in big trouble i was all excited till she told me that now i wanna make sure bases are covered ya know

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to visit IRS.gov and get info directly from the source, to make sure you do not get inaccurate information like that which can cause a huge headache down the road.. Also visit your state site small business resources page and find out what your city, county and state taxes are. Also, storenvy.com is a free to use e-commerce site and you can set up a free store on there and the use FB to promote it. It takes your sales and tax on it for three months and you can export all the info, very handy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM
This

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Meaning you file your business taxes using your social security number like you do with your personal taxes.

Quoting jaimier012:

What do you mean ss # please explain more ...sorry for the questions i just dont wanna get in big trouble i was all excited till she told me that now i wanna make sure bases are covered ya know

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

This pretty much what I was going to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN