Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Happy Tuesday!!! How are you today? What are you up to?

Hey you! How's it going? :) What are you up to today?

Any fun plans? Or just relaxing? Working? Errands?

Are you going to craft any today? If so, what's on your agenda?

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Awwww poor kitty! Fat cats are sooo funny though lol. Lucy is in for a lot of exercising and not a lot of food, hehehe! :) She is on a better diet now though.

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Omg she's so cute!!! Mg little sister had a cat when we were younger that was obese. Lol she was like 30 lbs and couldn't run anymore. She kept putting food when it was empty and we didn't know!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I am going to be working on my art exhibit pieces some more. I got the felt I needed to make a tiny human last night, so I will be doing that then sewing him into the monsters mouth later. lol!

I also adopted a dog yesterday. I visited the shelter and met Lucy, a 7 year old Beagle. I couldn't leave her there to live out her last days in the shelter so she came home with me! :)

'

She is obese so we will be doing a lot of walking over the next few weeks. She is very playful despite her age!

I also need to work on laundry and type up another feature blog post for a giveaway sponsor for the big giveaway coming up on my blog! :D

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hahahaha! Tricky pets!

Quoting DanaG70:

Your lucky, my cats still don't like Darcy, or at least they act like it when I'm around, I've caught them all sleeping on the couch on the sun porch. =)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

She is SO stinking sweet and perfect for our family! All the cats and our other dog really like her. :)

Quoting DanaG70:

Awe how sweet!! I love beagles.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I am going to be working on my art exhibit pieces some more. I got the felt I needed to make a tiny human last night, so I will be doing that then sewing him into the monsters mouth later. lol!

I also adopted a dog yesterday. I visited the shelter and met Lucy, a 7 year old Beagle. I couldn't leave her there to live out her last days in the shelter so she came home with me! :)

'

She is obese so we will be doing a lot of walking over the next few weeks. She is very playful despite her age!

I also need to work on laundry and type up another feature blog post for a giveaway sponsor for the big giveaway coming up on my blog! :D

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

finished 3rd ruffle scarf (2nd was for a friend, first was because I saw it as a challenge).  Once I get something to eat, I'm going to be working on the piratey pants and starting on the shirt....I've reached "overwhelmed" status and need to get back into sewing.

However, it's going ot be in fits and starts since I still have  22.5 hours before the pin is removed from my freaking toe....argh.

However, today is a catch up/pre-write day for DS, which means he needs to work on a draft of a how-to essay and do research for a MAJOR paper/project, so.....I should have some time to do what needs to be done.  I was going to take him to the morning karate class and take DD to her regular afternoon one, but DS is still all nosed up and sounding funny, so I'd rather he just stayed down as much as possible and drank his fluids and what not...if he still feels/sounds the same, I'll take him to the doc on Thursday morning and we'll go from there....but that's my day :-)

ilovedogs1967
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

hi ..my name is LeLe from Indianapolis, Indiana...anyway, I want so badly to work on my knitted baby hats that I am making for premie babies, but I have to clean the whole house and do a ton of laundry. I have inservice for my stupid job and it will take up 3 of my off days. ugh. 9 to 5...all the way across town too. I hate that. well, anyway, I have fabric that I want to use to cover some throw pillows and also I have tons of yarn projects...hope I get around ot it later tonight

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Busy working on my art exhibit! :) Hand sewing the limbs! Then I have to make a tiny felt person!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

That is kind of you to make hats to donate!!

Quoting ilovedogs1967:

hi ..my name is LeLe from Indianapolis, Indiana...anyway, I want so badly to work on my knitted baby hats that I am making for premie babies, but I have to clean the whole house and do a ton of laundry. I have inservice for my stupid job and it will take up 3 of my off days. ugh. 9 to 5...all the way across town too. I hate that. well, anyway, I have fabric that I want to use to cover some throw pillows and also I have tons of yarn projects...hope I get around ot it later tonight

falling.rayn
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
It is 9/11 so I am starting a journey to knit a childs blanket in memory of a child lost in ground zero. The blanket will be donated to Project Linus who gives them to children that are sick, hurt, or traumatized. I am starting with Christine Lee Hanson who was 2 years old and on Flight 175.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM

It is so awesome of you to do that!! ♥

Quoting falling.rayn:

It is 9/11 so I am starting a journey to knit a childs blanket in memory of a child lost in ground zero. The blanket will be donated to Project Linus who gives them to children that are sick, hurt, or traumatized. I am starting with Christine Lee Hanson who was 2 years old and on Flight 175.

erienne06
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Made my own flipfold out of an old box from our move.  Saving me $18.99 plus shipping =)

Using my husband's shirt as an example (it's not pretty...but it's practical lol):

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have 15 interview questions due today, and I have some product tags I want to get done. I need to change picture sizes in my wordpress blog because I got a new template design up. I'm also writing a new tutorial but needt o finish this wrist warmer before I can get started on it. Im going to start packaging up orders and get them ready to be mailed out tomorrow. And start somel ight cleaning, so that we don't have tons to do tomorrow. I want the house to be mostly clean when we leave. It'll just make it easier for us when we get back. Umm....  think that's it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN