Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first knitting project

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 20 Replies

I finished my first knitting project!  I wanted to do something simple, so I went with a scarf.  My goal is to eventually be able to knit socks.

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamKlug
by Sammie on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I wish I could knit!  Me and those needles DO NOT get along!  More than once I've almost poked out an eye and put several holes in my arms and hands.  Lol.  It looks great!

bekalynne440
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thanks!  I tried to learn a few months back, but gave up after much frustration.  This time I stuck with one simple stitch all the way through.  I still took it out and redid it a few times in the beginning, but I finally got it figured out.

Quoting SamKlug:

I wish I could knit!  Me and those needles DO NOT get along!  More than once I've almost poked out an eye and put several holes in my arms and hands.  Lol.  It looks great!

crochetmom07
by Carol on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Looks great! I've tried teaching myself to knit a couple times and have done ok, but crocheting is more my thing.

bekalynne440
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I know how to chrochet but for whatever reason I can't follow a pattern to save my life. I've tried many times. I think it's because I didn't learn using patterns and have my own way of doing things. With knitting I definitely need some practice, but I can figure out a basic pattern.

Quoting crochetmom07:

Looks great! I've tried teaching myself to knit a couple times and have done ok, but crocheting is more my thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmasMom0706
by Val on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Looks great! I love the colors!
crochetmom07
by Carol on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Most of the time if I'm using a patter, I don't follow it exactly. I change things up to make it the way I want it and experiment with it until it looks good. I didn't learn using patterns either because the people who taught me don't know how to read them. Most of the stuff I know, I've taught myself. With knitting, I know if I practiced I would be able to do it, but it takes more concentration than crochet does. At least for me anyway.

Quoting bekalynne440:

I know how to chrochet but for whatever reason I can't follow a pattern to save my life. I've tried many times. I think it's because I didn't learn using patterns and have my own way of doing things. With knitting I definitely need some practice, but I can figure out a basic pattern.

Quoting crochetmom07:

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Very nice!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Wow nice!

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)