Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

homemade christmas?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 22 Replies

I'm makeing christmas presents this year.  im makeing and buying for my dd tho.  But I am stuck completely!!!  For my dd and my newest niece I am going to make "stuffed animals"  they are made out of plastic canvas and the belly will be glow in the dark but beyond that I'm completely stumped!!!!!! 

I have my dad, sister, dd (2), nephew (8), niece (6), and my other niece (3-4 months), 

Anyone else doing home made christmas? 

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I am making jewelry for my aunt, sister, mom, cousin, dd and grandmas. I am buying for the guys because I never can think of what to make for guys. Though I will make stuff for my sons and daughter as well as buy.

HTMommy
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Can you make some kind of character with them? I'm making a caterpiller for my niece, and some ami's for my kids (3 boys) also some new hats, and various hats and scarves and gloves/glovelettes to go around also. I've bought a few things already, but this year we're going low-key

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Nope. I get what my side of the family needs and hubby's family doesn't appreciate handmade
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aslusher77
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I am doing home made soap! Not the involved one with lye and having to sit for weeks. i got a kit at micheals. sooo easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman
by whitley on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I tried. Didn't work out too well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM

im no help i want to sew cousins some bears, but im outa fleece&stuffing and not sure when we can afford more my 3 yr olds getting a furby, my little pony wedding set  and a leappad other than that not sure i m still trying to figure out if i should make her a new costume or just mend last yrs

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Lots of our family does homemade for holidays - I love it!! Last year we did soap (the lye kind) for the grownups and pj pants and a baby bonnet for the kiddos. My sister did cookie mix in a jar (sooooooo good!), and my brother and his wife did soap, handmade fabric ornaments, and some embellished jackets for the kids.

I LOVE handmade. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JC-
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Well what all are you crafts? Sewing, crochet, knit, blah blah blah? 

I'm making a lot of afghans this year. Like A LOT. My boyfriend loves them and has talked me into making them for him and his brothers. And I'm making my son a minkee quilt (he's in love with that stuff)

If you can sew...

1. pillow pet knock offs for your nieces/nephews 
  2. pajama pants
  3. stuffies
  4. pillow case dresses for the younger girls
  5. crayon rolls
  6. purse for your sister
  7. blankets/quilts 
  8. receiving blankets for the littlest one

Some cool plastic canvas ideas (since I see you can do that for sure)

1. plastic canvas checkerboard for older niece and nephew
  2. spell out their names to hang on the wall
  3. plastic canvas blocks for the little ones

Other crafty things

1. You could transfer the grandchildren's pictures onto wood blocks for the grandfather (or children's for your sister... if she has kids)
    I love this tutorial

2. chalkboard mugs

Uh... what are they into? I'll be able to think more if I have a direction to go. lol

RutterMama
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
The only people we buy for are our two kids, and our 6 nephews. Cody is actually makinng Mon stores for them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbr
by Melissa on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM
how about the no sew fleece blankets? i may make my boys quilts will see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN