Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

TGIF, ladies! :) How are you today? What are you up to?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 39 Replies

Hi girls! Happy Friday! What are you up to today?

Any fun plans for the day? Relaxing? Playdates? Coffee with a friend? Working? Soaking up the last bit of summer?

Are you crafting today? If so, what are you working on? :)

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamKlug
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM

This morning was a little rocky, but now things are going better.  I am more thankful now than ever for my nerve block!  I decided to go to bed early last night because I noticed a strange pressure at the base of my skull that was starting to hurt.  Woke up a few times in the middle of the night noticing that it was spreading and getting worse.  I figured if I just went back to sleep it would be gone by morning.  Nope!  Woke up to my head pounding!  No real pain, just a lot of throbbing pressure.  Took a couple naproxen and it's gone.  If I wouldn't have had the nerve block done, I would have ended up in the hospital.  That would have been one of the worst migraines I ever had.  Again, very thankful for the nerve block!  Well, on the plus side, dishes are done, and laundry finally got done yesterday.  The house is clean and I'm relaxing.  Trying to find a smaller crochet pattern to work on today before I have to go to work.  Other than that, enjoying being back in bed!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Today I am listing four new totes in my shop and working on a few more to stock. I am also hosting a link up on my blog so people with handmade shops can come and link up and create like a database for shoppers to browse through! :D It's AWESOME.

G has school, he is a little stuffy but not feverish so I am not keeping him home, though I wish I could. :( He has a spelling test today - he can spell 'disruptive' and 'constitution' fine but the word 'greater' is giving him a run for his money, lol. He keeps spelling it 'grater' which is right, but it's the wrong word in this case. I hope he remembers our practice this morning!

Other than that, I am working on feature posts for my blog, typing up blog posts for daft crafts since I am relaunching that as a web prescence. Securing contributors and tutorials. :) It's going to be a lot of fun having it up again! :D I will be putting a lot of business advice, social media marketing tips, and such up, as well as tutorials, recipes, photography tips from professional photographers, graphic deisgn and branding tips from professional graphic designers, lots of great advice for handmade business owners from awesome contributors! :D It is going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am working on laundry today, bedding day. :P I need to vacuum our room, too, but can't find where T hid the darn vacuum! lol.

So that's my day in a nutshell, kinda. :)

christydlewis
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I have 2 more assignments that I have to do for my classes before Tuesday but I can't do one of them until I can get to Wal Mart this weekend to buy Microsoft Office and get it down loaded on my computer and the other is readying a chapter...I'll do that when I'm waiting on the kids at school today. Other then that I'm going to be working on a slouchy beanie so I can get them listed in the online store. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Yay!!! I am glad that the nerve block has helped so much, that is just wonderful! I am happy for you, hope today is great for you!

Quoting SamKlug:

This morning was a little rocky, but now things are going better.  I am more thankful now than ever for my nerve block!  I decided to go to bed early last night because I noticed a strange pressure at the base of my skull that was starting to hurt.  Woke up a few times in the middle of the night noticing that it was spreading and getting worse.  I figured if I just went back to sleep it would be gone by morning.  Nope!  Woke up to my head pounding!  No real pain, just a lot of throbbing pressure.  Took a couple naproxen and it's gone.  If I wouldn't have had the nerve block done, I would have ended up in the hospital.  That would have been one of the worst migraines I ever had.  Again, very thankful for the nerve block!  Well, on the plus side, dishes are done, and laundry finally got done yesterday.  The house is clean and I'm relaxing.  Trying to find a smaller crochet pattern to work on today before I have to go to work.  Other than that, enjoying being back in bed!

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM

were all sick stupid cold at about 3 am went to the er  marie  coughed so much she puked got to the er its just the same cold we all have so were all supertired i dont wanna leave the house but housing needs his paystubs so we get to go out to wallyworld and get them 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Good luck with your assignments! I can't wait to see your new design!

Quoting christydlewis:

I have 2 more assignments that I have to do for my classes before Tuesday but I can't do one of them until I can get to Wal Mart this weekend to buy Microsoft Office and get it down loaded on my computer and the other is readying a chapter...I'll do that when I'm waiting on the kids at school today. Other then that I'm going to be working on a slouchy beanie so I can get them listed in the online store. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Quoting mariesmama:

were all sick stupid cold at about 3 am went to the er  marie  coughed so much she puked got to the er its just the same cold we all have so were all supertired i dont wanna leave the house but housing needs his paystubs so we get to go out to wallyworld and get them 

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

so do i thanx

VincyntsMommie
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Nothing fun for me today. :( Doctors appointment then off to work. Blah. Maybe tomorrow will be our fun day. :)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Frank's on his way here!!! We're so excited! He's bringing the dog because he's been giving Frank a lot of trouble these past few weeks. So I'm going to take care of him until we leave. He'll be here tonight :) kenzie is super excited! I've been crocheting but I'm getting frustrated because It's not coming out the way I want it to ugh lol.

So I may YouTube more blanket videos for inspiration. Other than that we are cleaning house and going grocery shopping. Oh we may coupon a little :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN