Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Wanna learn how to crochet!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 16 Replies
Any ideas on how I can learn how to crochet? I've heard YouTube. What do u think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbr
by Melissa on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this
youtube has great videos. I am also learning to crochet and i have found step by step tutorials that show how to do the different stitches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I learned from you tube
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM
YouTube :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Dai on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I always recommend the book The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, and if you use YouTube, search for The Crochet Geek; she's awesome! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zuziq
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I tried to learn how to Crochet from You tube :( it wasn't very helpfull for me but it may be a different experience for you. I know @ our local Pacific Fabric store there is a lady that teaches crocheting for 10 dollars an hour private or group lesson.  I started out by Crocheting wash cloths it's easy and pretty simple to learn. I tried books by Stich and Bitch that taught crocheting but it still was a bit difficult without a visual but not everyone needs a visual . Try you tube first because the videos were actually really good and informational as far as steps by step and tools and such it's just that I tend to learn visually in real time and hands on.

JohnnyCakes
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My MIL bought me these books a few years back, they're great! You can get copies on ebay for cheap, too :) 

www.knithappens.com

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

crochet geek on youtube is the best way to go!

MIA0223
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I agree. YouTube.
My mom taught me, but she was self taught and her stitch isn't really a stitch. Lol.
I have learned a lot from YouTube!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Youtube is how I learned to crochet.  I return every now and then to learn or remember how to do a specific stitch.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM

my mom, dad,&stepmom all crocheted and i wish i couldve learned but sadly noone is alive to teach me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)