Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Had anyone ever used Ottobre magazine?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

I LOVE their stuff. I got the magazine for 2 years but my kids were babies and I had no time to sew, so I cancelled the subscription. Well, I finally got around to trying something- a very basic pj. I am just doing them in white because it is my first time sewing cotton jersey, and I just wanted to try something. Also, when the shirts are done I am going to put iron-on pictures on the front that my kids want (fairy for dd, airplane for ds).

On the pattern sheets in the magazine, all the patterns are drawn over each other- it looks like spaghetti all over the page. The pieces I wanted were so hard to find! I told dh I felt like I should get a degree just for finding and tracing the pattern pieces I needed!! Otherwise they were pretty easy! I did dd's first (white on the right) and so I was trying all kinds of stitches on my new machine. By the time I got to ds's pants I found a stich I likes and decided to go with a blue top thread.

(If you have not seen Ottobre, check it out, such cool kids clothes! http://www.ottobredesign.com/)

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
erienne06
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM
They look great!!! I have heard wonderful things about their magazine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN