Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe
Dh asked me last night why I haven't chrocheted our bed a blanket. I have no idea why I haven't lol. So I want to start. I want to make it for dh but idk what color to make it and he didn't know what color he wanted. His favorite color is black but I don't want an all black blanket.
A little about him: he'll be 29 in Dec, he was in the navy he's very protective, and antisocial.

Also I'm pretty sure I want to do the line stitch and not a granny square so that way its heavier.
I was thinking blue and gold (navy colors) but I don't know if the blue should be dark or light and how/if I should add black.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (11-17):
MrsWhite101610
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM
K. Thanks

Quoting Jennifair:

YAY!!! make sure you post the finished product! We'd love to see it!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I called mom and she's on board with saying its for her.

Quoting Jennifair:

It's hard to make something for a loved one that lives with us. lol I think it sounds good. =) Do you know any of his friends so they can play along maybe? 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

That's what I thought. I think I'll do navy blue and gold, tell him its for a friend and give it to him for Christmas. Sound good or tacky?

Quoting Jennifair:

I have on a navy hoodie right now ( my gramps wa in the navy) and it's a navy blue and gold. 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

That's a good idea. I just looked up the navy colors and it says blue and gold. Do you think that with black would look okay? I dunno if its dark or light blue.

Quoting melliburger:

How about a black an blue veriegated yarn? Or black and blue patterned? You could even go with a brighter blue to balance out all the black!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM
You could do a trim in black? Sounds cool, can't wait to see it!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I just picked up gold and dark blue because I wasn't sure if I have black or not. I'm thinking 4-5 lines of dark blue then 4-5 of gold than one black line. Repeat.

Quoting mariesmama:

dark blue and make it striped blue ,gold,black 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
You could do a giant ripple afghan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Like a frame?

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You could do a trim in black? Sounds cool, can't wait to see it!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I just picked up gold and dark blue because I wasn't sure if I have black or not. I'm thinking 4-5 lines of dark blue then 4-5 of gold than one black line. Repeat.

Quoting mariesmama:

dark blue and make it striped blue ,gold,black 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Does he have a favorite sports team? Red heart yarn makes yarn in team colors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM
I've made tons of round ripples. They are so fun and easy. I made one almost eight feet across. It fits on a queen bed.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You could do a giant ripple afghan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I vote use 3 colors, two predominant and one, maybe the black, as an accent line, and then a ruffled or angled edging, depending on your room decor.
Happy crocheting,
Ps. I like scalloped edges, or a border of sc, sc, sc, dc in row below, sc, sc, sc, dc in row below
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN