Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

problems with etsy

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone having or had problems with etsy? And what are some other selling sites (not ebay lol). Thinking of making my own website.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Try storenvy..free! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM

What kind of problems are you having with Etsy? I know they have issues every so often. I think they have had 3 since I've been back there since May. The site was down anywhere from 30min-3 hours. Other than that I think it's great. I get TONS of traffic from there. I also use storenvy and facebook for sales.

Charli627
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM
The problem i have is another member and one of my things got deactivated and i feel singled out cause there are other products similar to the one that got deactivated that are fine apparently. Etsy doesn't investigate first, they just go and deactivate it. I did make a facebook page for my shop, but only about 15 likes on it so far. And need ideas for marketing and getting the word out. How do you sale on fb? And does anyone know about trademarking a name? Im thinking about it

Quoting jridgill:

What kind of problems are you having with Etsy? I know they have issues every so often. I think they have had 3 since I've been back there since May. The site was down anywhere from 30min-3 hours. Other than that I think it's great. I get TONS of traffic from there. I also use storenvy and facebook for sales.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Storenvy.com. It's free to use, easy to customize, and they are SO AMAZING! I have been on there for years!

RutterMama
by Tia on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I don't use etsy anymore. LOVE my storenvy store.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Was it a product with a licensed character on it? Just curious. Let me know if you set up a Storenvy!

Quoting Charli627:

The problem i have is another member and one of my things got deactivated and i feel singled out cause there are other products similar to the one that got deactivated that are fine apparently. Etsy doesn't investigate first, they just go and deactivate it. I did make a facebook page for my shop, but only about 15 likes on it so far. And need ideas for marketing and getting the word out. How do you sale on fb? And does anyone know about trademarking a name? Im thinking about it

Quoting jridgill:

Charli627
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM
No it wasn't. Someone is saying that a phrase i used is trademarked and i honestly didn't know but yet there are about 15 other items other people are selling, and there is no problem with those. And the person who complained is saying that i can change the name, but yet the trademark claims my design is like theirs, so that should mean the design too but yet they wont contact etsy so that etsy will know the issue will be resolved with a different name so that i can relist it without etsy thinking im violating rules. So i dont know if i can reactivate the item.
But im opening a storenvy when i get off.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Was it a product with a licensed character on it? Just curious. Let me know if you set up a Storenvy!

Quoting Charli627:

Quoting jridgill:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I have a storenvy now!
BlueDragonFairy.storenvy.com

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting Charli627:

Quoting jridgill:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I sell on artfire, and zibbet. Also have my own site on zencart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Tweeted the link for you!

Quoting Charli627:

I have a storenvy now!
BlueDragonFairy.storenvy.com

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting Charli627:

Quoting jridgill:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)