Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

could i sell this?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 23 Replies

Mobile Photo

Do you think there would be a real market fir this. I made it firy sister in law, but she thought it was too cute to take apart to use the socks. I've thought about making more and selling them, think i have a chance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Definitely! That would be adorable for baby showers or hospital gifts when visiting the new baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yes. Too cute.

Miranda1127
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
5 moms liked this
I think it would sell better in a baby themed 'vase'. Like maybe a bottle (for shower center pieces), or in a baby style box like you would find long stem roses in. but yes, its cute and I'm sure you could find a market.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme91755
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM

sounds perfect for a craft fair or bazaar if you can make a profit (  price -( cost+time)

Daya81
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
8 moms liked this

instead of a vase, maybe you could use a small blanket or baby shower-themed paper and present it like this:

obviously, you'd be using socks.

RutterMama
by Tia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM
So cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
You could definitely try! I would use a different vase or wrap them in paper, but it is definitely a unique idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlu88
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I had them in that vase and I thought it would be cute to bring them to the hospital in for my sis in law. That way they just looked like normal flowers lol.
It would be cuter in a baby themed vase for showers though. Or even in the baby blanket idea. Then pretty much all pieces could be used.

This is the one I gave to my sister in law. And a dr in the elevator told me he would buy them. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM

That is really cute as a baby shower decoration but nothing beyong that for me. Before I read the description I thought it was meant for actual decoration and I just thought of an old ladies craft project that would collect a lot of dust!

I think some people would like that but I honestly don't know how large the market would be considering that pack of socks maybe cost $5-8 and then your additional cost for the flowers, filling, vase, ect. To make a profit off that would just make the buyer be wasting their money.

GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Im wondering how iseable the socks would be after you take them out cuz floral tape can be pretty gross. Its a super cute idea otherwise. I agree the cost issue could be hard to work around but I say give it a shot:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN